Are you a medical secretary?

Eveadel

Reaction score
I am a qualified secretary and would like to do the AMSPAR course. Did you do it, did this get you your job?

:wave: Hi Eveadel

Yes, I've done two AMSPAR courses - health services reception and medical secretarial. Been lucky in that both courses have been funded by my employers as they were keen for me to get qualified. Definitely think that when I went for interview for my current job (med sec to a consultant haematologist) they were looking for candidates who held an AMSPAR qualification. I would say go for it!

Emma x

Hi Emma

Thank you for your reply :D

Sorry to be nosey but did you get your job unqualified or did you have medical secretary experience before?

I have worked for the last 2 1/2 years, well take off one year for maternity, in a clinical setting rather than an medical. I worked for Child & Adolescent Mental health. They restructured our administration service which was a complete nightmare and so I left in January. Im keen to work in a medical setting now.

Hi Nicki

Had previously worked in GP practice as a receptionist and then as an audiotypist so guess having previous experience helped too.

The NHS Trust I work for list previous sec experience in a healthcare setting and knowledge of MS Office as essentials whereas AMSPAR is a desirable. Would have thought this would be pretty similar across other Trusts so your background should help.

Good luck with the job hunting!

Emma x

Ah thanks for your advice & experience

Im not actually looking for work at the mo as employed by my DH company but this is only short term as I really want to get back to what I enjoy and that is working in a healthcare setting. As you will see Im also TTC baby no 2 so if I do the training I will do it so I can start looking after (fingers crossed) baby no 2 is a little bit older.

:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back