want a change of career

MissGobby

Reaction score
well the company i work for in Sept promised me that they would move me to become a fulltime secretary, i am currently a recpetionist and do secretary work on occasions BUT since then i have heard nothing and my boss told me he knew nothing about it and there are no secretary jobs avaialble now!! i am soooo peed off BUT its made me think and i dont know whether i want to be stuck in an office for the rest of my life!!

i fancy doing something different, wouldnt mind looking into becoming a pharmacist or something along those lines but have no idea what to do and go about it and if you have to train/go to uni etc etc

HELP! :think:

Depends if you want to study for years or not:

How do I become a pharmacist?
In order to qualify and practice as a pharmacist, several educational goals need to be achieved.

Firstly, in order to apply for a pharmacy degree course, you will have to meet the A-level (or AS-level) entrance requirements. Schools of pharmacy will make you an offer of a place solely on the basis of predicted grades.
Secondly, you will have to complete a four year MPharm degree at a school of pharmacy.
Thirdly, a one year pre-registration practical training in a community of hospital pharmacy is required.
And finally, you have to pass a pre-registration examination.

Supposed to be a well paid job though :)

I've a feeling you can train on the job...think one of my mum's ex employees has just started training as a pharmacist and is working in a local pharmacy. Why not give a local pharmacy a call and find out the deal?

yes i do hehe

if you work in a pharmacy you can do loads of training to work your way up. (i work for lloyds so i might be different for other pharmacies)
I started off doing my medicine counter assistant course which is basic drug things...what to sell for what. Iv just done my dispensing assistants course which means i can now do the rpescription side of things.
From there you can become a pharmacy technition...which i think just offer a bit more training on drug interactions and what the different drugs are for. After that its the checking technition course which allows you to do similar roles to the pharmacist i.e checking the prescriptions are correct, but infortnatly for alot less wage ( about £11 an hour at lloyds.)
Im not 100% sure if you can then go to uni to be a pharmasist but it is a long way round to do it but you are getting on the job experience too....

Good luck if you do decide to do it! If you want any info about working in a pharmacy let me know :hug:

cant offer any help im rubbish at stuff like this but good luck!

Sarah&LJ said:
yes i do hehe

if you work in a pharmacy you can do loads of training to work your way up. (i work for lloyds so i might be different for other pharmacies)
I started off doing my medicine counter assistant course which is basic drug things...what to sell for what. Iv just done my dispensing assistants course which means i can now do the rpescription side of things.
From there you can become a pharmacy technition...which i think just offer a bit more training on drug interactions and what the different drugs are for. After that its the checking technition course which allows you to do similar roles to the pharmacist i.e checking the prescriptions are correct, but infortnatly for alot less wage ( about £11 an hour at lloyds.)
Im not 100% sure if you can then go to uni to be a pharmasist but it is a long way round to do it but you are getting on the job experience too....

Good luck if you do decide to do it! If you want any info about working in a pharmacy let me know :hug:
thank hunny - i dont really want to go to uni or anything, would rather train on the job - do i need ANY sort of qualifications (i dont mean gcse's or anythng!) to start off?? x

do it, i'll love a cahnge of career now but i'm stuck as i'm earning good money and have a mortgage etc to think about so it'll not happen ! :(

MissGobby said:
Sarah&LJ said:
yes i do hehe

thank hunny - i dont really want to go to uni or anything, would rather train on the job - do i need ANY sort of qualifications (i dont mean gcse's or anythng!) to start off?? x

I had GCSEs and A levels when i started but i hardly use anything that i know for the job. Other than that you dont really need anything else. I had a couple of years as sales staff in a shop so maybe that went in my favor too but like i say i started off in the shop part and pestered to train to do dispensary lol.
I know what you mean about uni....im avoiding it at all costs hehe (god a 20 year old who doesnt want to do the uni partying! OMG whats wrong with me hehe).

I would really really love to avoid uni, i'm dreading it. But i know if i want to be a social worker i have no choice.... all that hard work with a new baby!

hey im 20 too (nearly 21) and i dont wanna go to Uni hehe!!!

well i sent my CV and a covering letter to 8 pharmacies this morning...guess will have to wait and see!!

thanks hun! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back