Are second babies usually early, on time or late??

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Mums,

Just wondering whether second time around babies usually arrive early, on time or late? Some of my friends went into labour early with their second (not drastically but a couple of days and one friend 2 weeks....)

Thanks,

Julia xxxx

my second was 2 weeks early but my friends second was 10 days late

Thanks for your replies - I am 29 weeks at the moment with my second baby. Just wanted to know if it was the norm for second labour to start earlier.

I was 10 days over with my first and the last two weeks wore me out (the wait nearly drove me mad!!!!). It would have been nice to hear that second babies arrive earlier or on time!!! I suppose it is up to the invidual baby and when they feel they want to vacate their little home!!

Any other experiences very welcome!!

Thanks again,

Julia xxxx

My 1st was a week early so I expected my 2nd to be early also. She wasn't though she was induced 11 days late and my 3rd was 5 days late.

They are just as unpredictable as the first ones :roll:

My first was a week early and my second a day early, i dont think there is any rhyme or reason, they choose thier own birthday! :rotfl: :wall:

Agree, I think they just come when they're good and ready :D

Thanks, girls!

Just have to wait and see when little one makes an appearance then!! (Plenty of time left yet though)....

Julia xxxxxx

Julia said:
Thanks, girls!

Just have to wait and see when little one makes an appearance then!! (Plenty of time left yet though)....

Julia xxxxxx
get yourself a ticker hun :D

I think its impossible to predict as each pregancy and baby are different, not just from woman to woman...from each baby you have.

Having said that, both my children were born 3 days before their due date, weighed the same (all but half an ounce) and were the same length etc...

Tia arrived 8 days late (and I knew when I conceived because I'd only done the deed once that month :rotfl: ) and lil miss arrived a week or so early... (but then there was a great confusion over her gestation from the very beginning)

My first was 7 days late, second was 2 days late x :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back