Aptamil thicker?

Nessicle

Reaction score
My 10 day old struggles to finish a bottle of aptamil but finished his SMA no problems when he was on that - I thought aptamil was a lighter milk

Aptimil is thinner. Maybe he liked the thicker SMA milk xxx

It gave him awful constipation unfortunately x

Have you tried cow and gate? We used SMA then tried aptimil and he hated it, just let it dribble out his mouth. Cow&gate is great for us. Thinner than SMA but thicker than aptimil in my opinion xxx

Also a milk to consider is HiPP Organic milk. It just seems to be an overlooked milk - and I wanted to throw it out there lol. We started on Cow & Gate but it didn't really suit him, so when changing him over to hungry baby milk at 6 weeks we tried Aptamil - however that also didn't suit (he was constantly straining to poop, even though he was going at least once per day). After some research on the internet, it seemed that people preferred HiPP to SMA - so we gave that a go and he loves it! He was a different baby, the straining stopped, he started going every 4 hours and he didn't seem as windy.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Thanks girls I would use Hipp if it was more readily available it's just a pain to get hold of :(

Another mega unsettled night last night poor baby

My LO got constipation on SMA too so we switched to Cow and Gate but he still didnt finish a bottle until we changed teat size and now theres no stopping him! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back