Anyone still losing hair?

Urchin

Reaction score
Hi all (and Merry Christmas!)

My hair is still falling out :cry: Anyone else still have this problem? I'm close to going to the docs about it, I thought my hair would be lovley and thick again now, but nope, it's still clogging the plughold when I have a shower :(

Am I the only one?

Sorry Urchin i haven't had the same problem but i didnt realise that your hair should fall out after :think: as far as i am aware mine hasn't, should i be worried?

i've noticed i'm loosing more hairs now than i was when i was pregnant :(

I didn't realize it was connected to having a baby - i hope it doesnt last for much longer!

Did you get the same thing with Mason, urchin?

Izzyx

Hiya

Hair loss is very common after pregnancy because the hornomes while you are pregnant can stop your normal loss, so when the pregnancy hormones stop, you lose the hair you would have lost anyway.

I'm just worried cos Brody is 1 and I am still losing lots of hair :(

If its to do with hormones i'm sure you can't be the only one to have this a year on :hug:

Hopefully your GP will be able to offer some kind of treatment

izzyx

my hais was still falling out a couple of months ago but now its thickening up a bit

I had alopicia when molly was 15 months old I started noticing when i lost more hair in the shower I only had 2 bold patches the size of 10ps and with a courses of steroid cream it all started to grow back after 3 months ish. i'd go to the docs it can affect you emotionally aswel i lost a lot of confidece with it and still after 5 years i'm constantly checking . They did put it down tp stress as it wasn't directly after i'd had her.
Hope all goes well for you , there is also a herbal tablet from holland and barrot you can buy called Silica complex it strengthens the hair and nail its really good, i took these aswel as the steroids in fact i only stopped taking them when i was pregnant with alfie.

Thanks Helen will go to my GP and H and B :)

Hi

Hope it stops for you hun!! to be honest mine finally stopped falling out tons since i got pregnant.
Katrina

Hi Urchin :wave:
I dont know if you remember, but i was really woried about my hair loss. Im still loosing hair too, but not in the handfuls as i did at about 6 months PP. It has slowed.

Also remember that you breastfed for 9 months too. This can affect your hair loss, mine is falling ouit more now as Seren is feeding less.

Hey urchin -

Happy new year, by the way!

I breastfed for only about 6 weeks and then changed to the bottle. My hair fell out for about 4 or 5 months after Naomi was born. Now I can't tie my (very long) hair back properly as I've got a "halo" of wispy, short hairs around my face and hairline that make me look a bit like a dandelion clock!

I'm sure that yours will grow back soon!

Sue

Tiny Sue said:
I've got a "halo" of wispy, short hairs around my face and hairline that make me look a bit like a dandelion clock!

I'm so glad someone else has that... I HATE it!

Hey Urchin *wave*

Just like your icon eh?

*L*

How do you deal with it? I use hairgrips and hairspray but it means that my hair always looks greasy! And I can't wear it down in school because of all the little nitty objects flying around. :puke:

Sue

It's funny you should ask cos I have recently found the perfect thing!

OH uses the loreal "fructis" hair gum, I was sick of my hair sticking up so bunged some of this stuff on and it worked a treat! It doesn't look greasy and it stays put for ages!

it looks like this only with an orange lid, and without the weird looking guy.:

mangahair.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back