anyone scared of change??

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
im terrified lol.
Because me and hubby are used to eachother and a dog its different with a baby with all the sleepless nights were guna get so we'll end up arguing which im not looking foward to it. will the dog be jealous? as she likes a lot of fuss an is a very hairy dog an moulting alot. Hubby doesnt like annoying sounds ie.. he wont like anything like a toy that makes a sound which aint guna help baby sleep other half might put his music on to drown out the sound which im worried if he does do that.

he got offered a toy from his mate and it made sound/noises and he said no :shock: and its something to help them learn in the future great our baby is not guna learn much :(. so ive not gone out an brought a noisy mobile for his cot in the future lol.

Im scared of doing things wrong but also doin the right thing of checking if he needs feeding/winding all the things you look for to help make the baby quiet lol but if hes still crying how am i guna cope?

maybe im just over worrying but i cant help it im just used to it being me hubby an doggy. scary times ahead me thinks lol. anyone else think the same? xx

have gone through phases of being absolutely terrified yeah!

As for noises, have you thought about getting a 'sleep machine' i think they are about 20 quid and cut out background noise? Have heard they are great and maybe might work

the dog... my friend has a Jack Russell (horrid horrid beasts of hell) and hes snappy and shouts at anyone and is really clingy to her and her little girl and partner, well he took to the baby straight away, he seemed to know that it was half her and half scotts and was a very important little sausage, i think the dog will be fine (i know the feeling though, i am terrified of my cat lying on the baby, she always lies on important stuff...)

Noisy toys, well we always said we want wooden not plastic but we have two vegan mates who are much the same and as soon as they took her into a toy shop she started cooing over plastic noisy toys... They now have reams and reams of the things that make all manner of noises, i think its different when its your own kid.

What us women have to remember, is the baby is very very really to us, its chilling INSIDE us right now and we can feel it all the time, the men dont get that solid 'omg this is real and ours and look how small it is' thing until they are holding the little one

so i reckon as soon as that happens, you will notice your OH simply melts and finds himself unable to complain about a thing :)

goodluck lady xx

It's certainly taken this long for my OH to realise that there's actually going to be a baby at the end of all this! He said last night he is looking forward to me not being pregnant any more (not because he doesn't like it, he says he doesn't like seeing my so uncomfortable!) and keeps forgetting that it won't be going back to normal at the end and that everything is going to change forever. He's thrilled, don't get me wrong, but sometimes he just has to remind himself that there's a baby in there haha!! I'm sure BigBump is right and that your OH will just fall in love as soon as your little boy is in his arms, and from then on your boy will be able to get away with just about anything, noisy or not :)

I personally am shitting myself about the idea of looking after a baby. I live quite a way away from the rest of my family so never really got to see my cousins kids as babies, nones of my friends have had babies (there are lots of us pregnant at the same time though which is weird!), and I've never really had any experience in looking after a baby, bar one night looking after my nephew when my SIL went out up North and spent the night there. That was fine, but it was only one night hehe! I'm going to parent craft classes in July so I'm hoping that they will fill me with a bit more confidence. We don't have much support here as family is so far away but I know my mum will come and help me to begin with, I just worry that I won't be able to get into a solid routine - I'm pretty hectic and last-minute at the best of times which is a personal trait I need to get rid of. It scares the hell out of me so I know how you feel!

I am worried about change when Ava comes along but not with noise its more times...Jay loves his sleep and will get up last minute for everything, when Ava arrives that wont be happening :oooo:
Also i think because were staying with my mum and dad until christmas time i'm worried they will interfere a bit too much but can't do anything about that until it happens.....just got a worrying head on in advance i think.

When you talk about the baby crying, some babies just like a little cry for no reason..i was reading my book off the hospital the other week and it says basically some could have "a mad 1/2 hour" they just cry but for no reason really and nothing will calm them down. It helps to strengthen their lungs aswell i have been told :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back