Anyone know a plumer or can give advice.

NIE

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just noticed that everytime you flush a toilet, my kitchen sink and former pipe work for a dishwasher, gurgles really badly. Anyone know what the problem might be?

The dishwasher was disconnected 5 years ogo and has never done this before.
I have tried plunging and cleaning products down the drain.

Just thought, could it have anything to do with there being really heavy rain? or is that silly?

My OH is a plumber and said he will explain roughly so i will have a go at translating :lol: ....

When you flush the toilet, where the waters going through it is sucking the water out of the traps of the sink or dishwasher so you either need to put a vent on the pipework to the sink or get an anti vacuum trap as that has a vent on.

That made no sense to me so hope it helps you :rotfl: xx

Thanks Reggiesmummy and thankyou to your OH. I'll let my DH know. Very much doubt he will know what to do but at least it's nothing major to worry about just before Christmas. xxx

No he just said its not a serious problem, basically if you have a vent coming off the pipe that the water rushes through it will allow the air to escape so there wont be so much pressure of the water forcing through. That made a bit more sense to me! :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back