• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone here get married abroad?

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey girlies/guys
me and Fiance...(hehe sounds funny saying that)teeheehee. want to get married abroad. it would only be a very small wedding, with just us and our imediate family (as dont think anyone esle im family/friends would afford it). but we dont mind as we plan on having a big party with everyone when we get back.

what i am wondering is, how did u go about planning it? and it all falling in to place? did you use a big travel operator like thomas cook?
how much did yours cost and where did u get married?

we want to get married on a beach somewhere hot, the only trouble is OH family is very large (14 brothers and sisters) and he would like as many as possible to come of course, but it would depend on money,

i have no idea how we are ever going to plan this... not knowing much about abroad weddings :? .. can anyone help?

Hi,

I got married in Cyprus last May, was ace, everything I could have hoped for and more.
There were 30 of us all together, weather was lovely, we had originally booked wedding and hols through Direct Holidays flying from Glasgow only to be told weeks before that they were no longer doing the flights from Glasgow and had cancelled our wedding :(
To cut a very long story short, just by chance flight had started from Aberdeen to Paphos so we managed to book them only a day difference from the ones we were originally booked on and by chance the wedding planner Direct Hols use was also the one our hotel uses so we were booked for her anyway so she managed to get our original date back!
So, my advice, dont use direct hols...book wedding separate, a planner will know all the details etc and then your holiday as flights etc are much easier to come by if anything happens iykwim? It was just pure chance we got our original date, we needed that as we had so many people coming for different times from different places.
Even though it was stressful I would do it all again in a flash.
And it was way cheaper than doing it here. We didnt even bother having a reception back here, our closest friends and family were there and to us that was more than we could have wished for.

If you want to know anyting else PM me
xxx

We got married in Jamamica in December, it was lovely and so easy, we went through thompson and the Riu Hotel looked after us, i would do it just the same again.
If you go into Thompson they will give you all the options :D

I'm interested in doing this aswell, keep tooing and frooing over doing it here or somewhere else and can't make up our minds.

If anyone doesn't mind saying how much it cost them and what you think you may have saved by doing it abroad?

Well, my pal had a big-ish wedding for 17k in July just past......for our 2 weeks holiday, spending money, wedding planner fees, dresses, kilts, meal, wine and absolutely everything else we were not even 5k in Cyprus last May.

We got married in Florida in April 2005 with only my parents and DH's mum, stepdad and sister and I'd do it all again tomorrow. Booked flights & accommodation separately and found wedding planners with offices in both UK and Orlando (www.crownlineorlando.com) who arranged everything we asked for. Then had a big party when we got home with cake, speeches, etc.

Luckily my parents paid for everything so not sure of exact costs but think the wedding package cost about £2000 in total for venue, photos, DVD and car hire, definitely cheaper than getting married at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back