Anyone had a sweep, and does it work?

AbbyJ

Reaction score
Having a sweep tomorrow, does it hurt, and does it work?

Doesn't hurt, slightly uncomfortable but doesn't always work unless you are ready to go anyway IMO .
Good luck x

I had a sweep with my 3rd and he is the only one I was early with my other two when over due so I think it did the job

I had it with my 4th in the morning, by night i had her so it worked for me! x

I had a sweep on the tues and started on the wed night :)

Thanks for that, maybe tomorrow will be the day then! :)

I read earlier they have a 1 in 7 chance of working - fingers crossed for you x

i had one on a wednesday afternoon and had my little boy less than 24 hours later, it definatly worked for me. it is uncomfortable, id say take a sainatary towel with you because i started bleeding after mine and had a bit of loss, but thats normal x

Wow that sounds promising!

I thought they hurt but then I think the consultant was just a bit rough. They are definately really really uncomfortable but are over quickly - I have had 2 now and no they didn't work!

They can only actually do a sweep if your cervix is soft and open a wee bit - good luck! xx

I've got one on sunday but will only be 37 weeks... really hoping it works though! Hope it goes well :) x

Oh well really hope I'm ready for one then..been having lots of strong BH so fingers crossed!

I had 4 and ended up being induced! Definitely take a sanitary towel for afterwards.
I found some of them more uncomfortable than others but they are over within minutes then you wonder what all the fuss was about!

i had one in the morning on my 2nd and had him early next morning :) works and yes it can hurt a ickle bit

I'm really nervous..never had one before. MW will be able to tell if anything been happening though with all these irregular pains I've been having, hope she doesn't say nothing's happened yet!

Nope I think they will do ont tomorrow , I'm loosing a bit of my plug today but nothing else.

Oooh well that's a good sign! That's more than I've had. I'm getting nervous about this sweep, doesn't sound pleasant..plus my app isn't with my usual MW, it's with one I've only seen a couple of times and don't like her, and she always has a student with her who looks like a right tart..peroxide blonde, caked on make-up, perma tan and heels, she only looks about 17 and I reckon Jordan and Pammie are prob here idols, not really the sort of person I want staring up my you know what!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back