• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone had a presentation scan??

Heatherb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am going in next wednesday to have a scan to check the presentation of baby (check it's not breech, which we already know it's definitely not!), so that I can have my home birth.

I was just wondering if anyone else had had a scan to check presentation, and whether they do anything else as well - like see how big they are?

I would love to know how big this baby is.

Thanks

Heather x

I had one, they checked the head, heart and that was it, took all of 30 seconds. Hope yours is longer.

I had one just before they induced me and same as above, they just checked where her head was. They let me have a play with the scanner though after that but I couldn't make anything out.

Hi

I am not sure hope you get a good check of baby though
Katrina

I had one, it really is a quick check though.

They may give you a very rough size estimate but it IS just that. I've yet to meet the mum who was given a spot-on size at scanning.... :? They always seem WAY out :D

Good Luck!

I had a 4d/3d scan done last week and they said my babys breech at the mo, but....I have a birthing ball so im guna use that to get the baby in the right position for the birth.

how much are the birthing balls?

Hi Heather,

Did you post about this last week? I think I replied saying no I won't get one but at the midwife yesterday she said she's booking me in!! She'd not mentioned it before.

Can't wait to see my LO again! :dance: :dance:

PS - enn, I got a ball from JJB for £9.99 - cheaper than Ebay etc. It's so nice just to sit on it whilst I'm watching telly. Our soft sofa gives me right back ache. I sit on it at the laptop too.

As far as I know I wasn't going to be offered a presentation scan, unless something comes up in the next few weeks :think: but we did have a consultant appointment and he did a quick scan, though LO's been head down since 20wks so presentation's never been an issue. The consultant also said no point guestimating weight as it's just not possible from the scan.
Have a lovely scan, and hope all goes very well Heather :hug:

xNataliex said:
Hi Heather,

Did you post about this last week? I think I replied saying no I won't get one but at the midwife yesterday she said she's booking me in!! She'd not mentioned it before.

Can't wait to see my LO again! :dance: :dance:

Hi Natalie,

Yes, I did post about having a scan last week. This time I was wanting to know if anyone had had one and whether they got to find out the size of baby etc, or whether it is just an in and out thing.

Looks like I'll just be going in and out, but it will still be lovely to see the baby again before the birth - one more thing to look forward to and fill the time!!

Thanks for your reply.

Heather x

I had one at 32 weeks - last week, they should be able to tell you a lot about size, and even weight. Its incredible to think my little girl is now over four pounds!
L

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back