Anyone elses baby do this?

Sassyminx

Reaction score
The past week or so, on a night time, Finley seems to feed every hour or so, sometimes even more often than that, he had 12oz in 2hrs earlier, is wide awake from 10 til about 11.40 and then goes to sleep til about 4am, i know its not that much of a bad thing, but he seems to be cluster feeding loads every night and then goes hours without anything, last night he went to bed at 12.20am and woke up at 4am but didnt have anything, had 2oz and 5am and then woke up at 10am

we all slept in :shock:

Looks like he's being clever and knows he needs extra calories so he can sleep longer at night and keep Mum happy :D Leorah used to feed almost constantly from 8-11pm and then sleep through until the morning. Enjoy it because now she is sometimes too busy to eat during the day, goes to bed exhausted at 7pm and wakes up for a feed in the night :roll: I don't mind though, it's normal for a BF baby to wake in the night.

Looks like you will be having a full night sleep any day now :cheer: Well done finley, that's great at such a young age :D

Nathan tends to get all his food in the days now. Last night he had a bottle at 6.30, went sleep about 7.30. I gave him a top up at 11 when i went bed and he slept till 4am when he only had 3oz, then slept again till 7am then hes had 5oz. he tends to feed every 3 hours in the day and finish all his bottles, where at night he will go 5 hours and only drink a bit.

i think tonight is the only night hes gone to sleep at 10pm

last night was great, he slept from 12 til 5.30 and only had 2oz and then went til 9am without a feed

he HATES that moses basket though, think ill start putting him in his cot, i just cant be bothered getting outta bed though its easier to have the moses basket next to my bed :lol:

I had Brody in a travel cot next to our bed for ages :lol:

Debs is the same Sassy - the cluster feeding can be exhausting! She normally feeds between 3 and 4 hours during the day, and 4 hours at night. This is apart from early evening when she can feed up to every half to 3/4's of an hour, but normally every hour. I'll just finish feeding her, put her down for a few minutes and she can be up and hungry within the next 10 minutes. She is full and sleepy when I put her down, it just seems that's her hungry time. My boobs feel like they've been chewed off by the end of it lolol. Her weight gain is really healthy though, so it must be ok, but I agree with you, it's exhausting!

luke like sto cluster feed between midnight and 3am this is my problem!! :bored: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back