Anyone else starting to worry about labour?

Thanks Rainbow your more than welcome and if anyone has any other worries i can help with - let me know!

I have done the 'normal' labour 3 times and looks like this time i am having a section - i am stopping there though before i get any more experience! :rotfl:

Great post Cixes. Ladies don't be frightened your body just takes over when you are in labour and it knows what to do. All the pain is worth it it is soon forgotten.If the pain is too much for you don't be scared to ask for more pain relief. As far as pooing or tearing goes when it comes down to it you just won't care even if theres 50 people looking when you poo you just won't care. I'm really excited labour for me its the most exciting part of pregnancy and can't wait! Plus I love gas and air! :D

gas and air is fantastic :) :) :) :) :) i made OH take a few dep mouthfulls and the poor bugga almost fell over :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi ladies,this is my 5th baby and labour isn't as bad as you all think.It all depends on how you handle pain.
Go with the flow and listen to your midwife,when she says pant,pant don't push,and when she says push,do just that.Its a bit like having a big poo!You will think that you are pooing but most of the time your not.
Gas and air is a god send it's all i've ever used and as for swearing,just go for it the midwifes heard it all before.
Remember to try to stay calm the baby will come out and once it does all pain just goes away.I've had numerous tears and stiches,the gas and air helps with the stiching and when or if you tear you really don't feel it too much as its pretty numb down there from the stretching.
So girls don't worry all will be well,and good luck.

If if was that bad i wouldn't be on my 5th because i'm a right wuss. :D

Amazing posts!!

Thanks everyone...

Im bricking it but im so excited!! Cant wait to have her in my arms :) xxx

Aw thanks for the reassurance girlies. I'm scared and excited too really. Besides, Pixie is in there and has to come out somehow. :D

I too am expecting my first and although I am a very big woss its not so much the pain of labour that bothers me, as there are drugs for that, but the thought of the drugs!

I don't expect to get through on just gas and air (like I say big woss!) so I have to consider Pethadin or Epidural but I have the biggest phobia of needles.... its nothing to do with seeing them I just seem to have a reaction to them afterwards (by reaction I mean feel sick, faint & dizzy followed by blood pressure crashing to the floor, and then sometimes I even pass out!) So for me I'm more concerned that during my painful labour I request some pain relief to which I then pass out from.... thats whats worrying me.

Not sure if that will make sense to anyone - but its good to share! :)

Leana
25 + 4
Team Pink

I was worried about labour until I read Birthing From Within by Pam England. I'm useless with pain and was going to have the epidural and hospital birth. But after reading that, I'm going to have a homebirth and am actually looking forward to labour. Maybe that's also partly because I'm getting a bit tired of being pregnant.
I think the main thing is to stay relaxed and trust your body. Good luck everyone :)

LEANA- i was the same as you, im useless with needles and i always faint with injections or blood tests but when i was in labour i was in so much pain already when they gave me pain releif by needles i was fine. Honestly , you so desperatly want the pain releif you just dont care................well in my experience anyway

Im my first pregnancy I was so petrified about labour that I actually asked my consultant for a c section....and im so pleased he said no!!!!

Labour was hard, painful and scary but it was so so so worth it.

Im not so anxious about labour this time round, trust me what you get at the end of it just takes your breath away :D

Labour is really nothing to be scared of and i'd put money on it that by the time your due date comes you'll be asking for the pain train to come lol!!

I was never afraid of labour so i may not be much help but i really found that being well clued up on all possibilities was a great thing i understood exactly what they were doing even if they didn't explain it well, and i would really recommend reading the birth stories in the new arrivals section, get an idea of how peoples labours went etc.

Your body really odes take control, my body started pushing for me when it was ready and i listened to the MW's when they said to not push etc , i didn't tear so didn't need stitches though i did put in my birth story i was so glad i didn't have them.

I had a short but very intense labour and i entered hospital begging them to cut her outta me :lol: but i'm so glad i did it myself and just 6 months on i'm more then ready and willing to do it again.

FWIW the 13 year old being cut lots may have something to do with her not being relaxed enough and possibly her age as a 13 year old body isn't really prepared for pushing babies out, optimum age for babies is 21 (or around that) so don't think that because she had a bad experience you will to.

I was PETRIFIED!! OMG like you'd never believe.. :shock: I thought I was going to have THE worst labour I could have imagined, the scariest time, things going wrong etc etc - and it did :lol: I'm not trying to scare you, but I prepared myself for a rough time and when things started going wrong I wasn't too shocked because I already thought it was going to be a really bad experience!

It's good though because you don't wake up in the middle of the night with a head between your legs (well, you can I guess but it's very rare lol).. You get warning signs and as long as you're aware of the labour signs then you have a bit of time to prepare as the pains get worse...

Anyway, you'll be fine babe! It hit me around 25 weeks that I didn't have that much longer to go and that's when I started getting scared too :hug: xxx

I had a C-section with Naomi and didn't feel a thing. I think that as long as all the methods of pain relief are available and you can opt for whatever you want then it's fine. I wondered about doing it all naturally, but you know, I don't see anything in the instruction book about pain relief being a cheat! As far as I'm concerned if you can avoid it hurting too much then go right ahead!

*HUG* let's all be nervous together!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back