• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else having a mixed race baby?

KJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm white and my DH is afro-caribbean. I was just wondering if there's anyone else out there in the same boat?

This is our first child so we're both really excited to see what characteristics of both races our baby inherits. It's kind of weird thinking that the person growing inside me is going to be a completely different colour than I am!!

Does anyone else have these feelings or is it just me? And if you've already had a mixed race baby, what charateristics of either race did you baby inherit?

Just interested really!

xxxx

Not personally.

My Mums best friend is white (very pale) and married a man who is one eighth Indian (sort of tanned colour skin).

They had 2 boys 3 years apart, the first is very white like his mum, but the second is much darker than his dad!

I think they had a bit of bother at school convincing people they were really brothers!

:D

i'm light skinned people say i'm mixed race tho :wall: which is quite annoying...

i'm half guyanese ans st Lucian

my hubby is from Zaire

so there's a chance she could be light skinned... i think she might look like her dad... but it will so interesting to see her little light skinned face :D :D

Hi KJ,

Im curious to know what my baby is going to look like also. im white and my hubbie is moroccan, so dark skin and. dark afro hair. I guess normally the darker genes tend to dominate but not always! I have a friend who has a beautiful little girl, dark skin from her dad, afro curlly hair, but completely blonde! really beautiful!

Im sure they will all be georgeous either way. x

good to know there's others out there, I was starting to think no-one was going to answer this thread!

Don't you guys find it weird to think that the baby inside you will be classed as a different race to yourselves! It freaks me out but in a good way sometimes! I'm going to give birth and think, wow!! how did I produce that!!

Yeah, I think the dark characteristics do tend to dominate, but you occasionally get a dark skinned baby with bright blue or green eyes. They look so striking!

it's weird, I like all hubbies features and he likes all mine! So bubs will hopefully get a mixture.

If I have a girl, I'll be so jealous of her having lovely darker skin. She'll never need to worry with sunbathing or fake tans!! I'm soooo pasty it's unreal!

K.xxx

I have 3 cousins 2 boys and a girl their mum is white and their dad is half indian. The 2 boys look about the same colour as their dad (one might even be a bit darker) but the girls is much paler. They all have beautiful dark eyes and hair.

My husband has much darker skin than me and jet black hair - I am milk bottle colour with mousy blond hair. I'd love my baby to have my husbands colouring and never have to worry about sunburn, and my mum is desparate for a brown eyed baby - we are all blue eyed. It is very exciting to speculate!

I also have a friend who is afro-carribean and her husband is white with blond hair and blue eyes. their daughter has dark skin but blond hair, is quite striking!

I also met a girl who when I was travelling who was white with blond hair and blue eyes, but she had a mixed race mother.

Andrea - brown eyes dominate over blue, so if both of your OH parents and grandparents have brown eyes it is likely your baby will have too.

I really want my baby to have it's daddy's colouring - brown hair and blue eyes. My mum has green eyes so my brown eyes may not dominate over his blue. My neice has blue eyes, but my sister has brown eyes so fingers crossed....

My sisters husband is of Italian decent and has brown eyes she has blue eyes and all 3 children have gray/blue eyes!!

Also when her first baby was born the hospital staff were asking what nationality her husband was because the baby was so tanned. It turned out the baby was slightly jaundiced. :lol: but he does get a good colour in the summer now!

I have a mixed race little girl :)

The main thing that my little girl has got from her (w@nker) 'sperm-doner' is nose, eye colour n hair colour ( n part skin colour lmao)

I love mixed race babies!! i want a little mixed race boy but dont think OH would be too happy pmsl xx

Hi

My bf nice and nephew are half white and half Indian His niece is much on the darker side and her younger brother is just tanned. :)
Katrina

My best friend's ex husband is half Malaysian, she's a pale skinned, blue eyed blonde. Their son is very dark like his dad. When we used to go out with the children everyone thought her son was mine! :roll:

My OH is almost black haired with very dark brown eyes. I have hazel eyes, brown hair and have inherited my Greek ancestors' skin type. I hope my LO has my skin type. Although my OH is very dark he burns very easily. :(

It's not always the case that darker colouring people don't burn. I had a friend who was jamaican and even he used sunscreen! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back