Anyone else had this symptom?

First time mum

Reaction score
Hiya

For the past 3 nights I havent been able to sleep AT ALL because of my legs tingling, feeling itchy and making me jump! :wall: :wall:

I spoke to a friend who had her baby last year and she says she had it (its called Restless Leg Syndrome?) and it drove her mad. It's something to do with circulation?

Anyone know of a cure!! ..... PLEASE!!!!!
:pray: :pray:

Ooh I get something like that - like a strange twitching in my leg but I didn't think any more of it - didn't know there might be a reason!

I find it's worse in the evening so if it's bothering me I have a bath and that seems to help.

I completely sympathise with you! I suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome anyway but have found I'm getting it worse now I'm pregnant.

As far as I know there is no cure (if there is please someone tell me!) but things you can avoid to try and prevent it. No caffeine or alcohol at all in the evenings - easy at the mo! Also, I find if I do some walking in the day it tends to help.

If I get it really bad I get my OH to rub my legs which eases it too - I definitely recommend that cure :lol:

I get it sumtimes too, kinda pins and needles that wakes me up at night. Spooky...

i HATE it! it drives me bonkers!!! i didnt know there was a name for it but i have been getting it since quite early on. it does feel like circulatin problems and i get OH to rub them when hes not being lazy lol.. BUY SOME (KNEE HIGH) FLIGHT SOCKS! -- it goes right away! i wear them to bed :) theres your cure :wink:

Baby & I - thanks for the advice on the flight socks - will be going to get some today!

I had a bath last night and spent ages rubbing after-sun into my legs (sounds daft but someone told me to try it as it works for them) and it did seem to help a little bit.

I had a bout of restless legs at about 12-16 weeks i ended up sleeping most mights with my legs elivated using pillows, it helped to ease it a little,
I hope it goes away for you soon

I have this when im not pregnant too! Its crap!
Jess when you wear the compression socks, do you not wake up with severe numbness and pains in your feet!?!? I do!?!?! :shock: I never sleep in them now but did twice when I was having Lucy but seriously hurt!

I gety this, it's horrible. Apparently it can be a sign of an iron deficiency as well so maybe try eating lots of leafy greens and see it that helps? Also like someone already said cutting down on caffeine may work.

I suffer with this all the time even without being pregnant :roll: Its horrid and i feel for you
I haven't found a cure

Mine have turned into THE worst cramps though - i cant stretch my legs or feet out, only upwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back