• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else feeling horrible?

Lewa

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm ill or if it's all pregnancy, but even though I have today off and I've rested I feel awful and called work to say I'm not coming in tomorrow. I'm soooooooo tired. I'm constantly nauseous and have thrown up 4 times so far today, I feel like I have a fever, although I don't know if I do, and I don't exactly have a sore throat but it's like I can feel the back of my throat (like you do a day or two before it kicks in). Same sort of thing with my ears, they don't hurt, but I have pressure in them. If I weren't pregnant I would have said I was sick days ago feeling like this, so I can't see why I should push myself even more now that I have a precious little baby inside!

How are you all feeling??

Feel better soon hun. Tri 1 is soooo tiring, and vomiting with give you a sore throat. Make sure you rest, stay hydrated and keep that temp down with paracetamol if needed x

The first trimester can be such a draining time - and expecially if you are vomiting - that takes even more of your energy. It's important you try to stay hydrated - so lots of fluids. If I were you I would take all the time you need off work - you and your baby are more important than work (in my opinion!)
If you are worried you may have a bug, maybe a quick call to your midwife might help to settle your mind?
Good luck - and keep drinking!

Sorry your feeling rubbish. Very sensible to take tomorrow off as well to look after yourself.

You rest up! I am starting to get the rumblings of sickness and this baby means sooo much to me so if i start feeling too crappy I will be staying home, get snuggled up on settee with a blanket and some DVD's :)

thank you for your support! It turns out I was feeling extra bad as now I have a proper sore throat, stuffy nose, "pressure" around my eyes etc. Like a cold basically, except I throw up on top of it all... I tried calling in sick the day before yesterday as well, but they had no way of covering for me... and now I'm stuck with a cold :( It's going to take forever to recover now that I'm pregnant isn't it?? :(

not your problem if they cant cover, if your sick stay off. get the doc to sign you off if necessary.

yeah.. well.. too late now. And I wasn't sick yet, I just felt that I was close to the edge if you know what I mean... (like it was hovering over me waiting to settle down as soon as I was tired enough kind of.. )so it was difficult to insist...

Anyway.. I already resigned and my last day is tuesday next week, and I doubt I'll be working again until that anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back