Anyone else experience this?

2boys2angels

Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies, so sorry for your losses, I can relate to how you all are feeling as I miscarried my very first baby in 2003 this was my first pregnancy and I found it really hard to deal with I did however go on to have 2 successful pregnancies afterwards, I fell pregnancy within a month of my first miscarriage and had my first son who is now 11 and then 5 years after him I fell pregnant with my 2nd son who is now . I split from their dad in 2011 and then met my current partner of almost 5 years and we started ttc late last year and got our positive test on 12th November we were so excited and overwhelmed. We went for our 12 week scan on Wednesday 6th but sadly all they could see was a 6 week empty sac :( which means it looks like we are suffering a missed miscarriage, I am to go back this Monday for a rescan to confirm.

On the Friday exactly a week ago I experience light spotting (brown) and slight cramps but they didn't last and I haven't had anything since???

Has anyone else experienced this? If so how long after your 2 week wait did you go on to miscarry natutally (as the hosp are hoping I do) but I don't want to do it naturally as I know hwats to come, I'm hoping on Monday they will give me a date next week to go in for a d and c I am not waiting more weeks as that is not fair. Has anyone been diagnosed with a missed miscarriage and waited 2 weeks with no bleeding etc till they got their rescan? How long after rescan will they wait to give me a d and c???

Thank you for taking the time out to read.

x

Sorry for your loss. I have no experience of waiting for a rescan. I've had 5 miscarriages, one of which was a missed one and I was given the option of waiting for it to happen naturally or having an ERPC. I opted for the ERPC and went in the day after then scan. You should be able to tell them your preference is ERPC rather than waiting for it to happen naturally.

Hey,
Sorry to hear this :(

I was 10+4 and had a scan that said 7+3, there was no hb.. They were going to re-scan but i had seen it too and it was clear there was no hb and I didn't want to put myself through another scan. Plus i decided to miscarry naturally - if i had opted for medical management i would have had another scan.

I started bleeding around what was supposed to be 11+5 and miscarried a week later at 12+5 and bleeding continued for a few days. Looking back, if I'd known it was going to take 2 weeks i think i would have opted for medical management as the wait was awful, i was like a zombie.

I think you are within your rights to ask for a d&c straight away if that's what you want. It's a horrible feeling knowing your baby has been inside you and the mental strain is so hard. If they try to delay, insist.

Take care of yourself xxx

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss hun.

I had a mmc at the end of last year.

I was scanned at what should have been 8+4 but was measuring way behind that at around 6w.

The hospital wanted to rescan me after 14 days to confirm that it was a mmc abs wouldn't take any action to remove the pregnancy before that.

However, I mc naturally 11 days later.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss. The care of yourself hun.

XX

Hi hun

So so sorry. This is a truly awful siruation for you.

I had a missed miscarriage in September. I paid for a private scan on the Saturday at just under 10 weeks as I knew something wasn't right. All my symptoms had disappeared at 6 weeks. Sure enough they told me the baby had stopped at 6 weeks.

I was then sent to epu on the tuesday. I miscarried naturally on weds night. Almost like as soon as I'd had it confirmed my body admitted what had happened and passed the pregnancy.

I actually wanted it to be natural. And I'd go that way again. It was awful but that's just personal preference.

I hope this is resolved how you want it to be.

Thinking of you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back