Anyone else affected?

BabyBrain

Reaction score
We are on the Olympic cycle route, it goes straight through our town so it looks like we will be housebound for the 3 days :(. I bet the weather is lovely too. The only good thing is I'm hoping the OH won't have to go to work cos a lot of the roads that will be shut are the ones they use for the lorries.

The road works beforehand are going to be shocking too :(. Anyone else going to be affected by the Olympics? xxxxxxxx

Sounds like it may b a bit of a nightmare for u :-(
Don't think we will b directly affected in anyway but I am going to c a friend in london in august so expect travel will b difficult! X

Nope but I live in the isle of man on the TT track so get locked in for 2 weeks every year , I love bikes but right nightmare not being able to go for a walk when it was so sunny

Just get a few DVD's n chocolate n have a pj day for 3 days in a row, al though if your like me and on day 120 of chillin in pj's d novelty might have worn off lol

We live about 40 minutes from Weymouth so we will get all the through traffic..

Xxx

Torch went right by us and the disruption wasn't too bad at all. It was well organised and just avoided the affected roads for a couple of hours. I travelled to another town too to watch the torch as a friend was carrying it and again it was well organised and the roads were cleared very quickly.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Yeah sort of. OH works in Brentford so gonna be affected by the M4 repairs. Apparently it's horrendous (he's off sick) his work make took 1 1/2 hours to so a 25 min journey home!!!

We used to live closer to Heathrow than we do now so maybe slightly less affected than we would've

We just had Olympic torch and festival in our town last weekend, the town was ridiculous roads closed nightmare to go thru, glad it is over:)

Speaking of London I'm on one of the NEW metropolitan line trains right now and they are fantastic! I hope old Boris has plans to run them out over the other lines. THEY HAVE AIR CON!!!!

I'm very jealous BB! Would love to have a front seat to the cycling. :)

Hooe it doesn't cause you too much inconvenience! X

I'd rather watch the men's swimming lol. Bring on the speedo's :D

They were talking about blocking the pavements and charging the locals to watch :shock:

I'd rather watch the men's swimming lol. Bring on the speedo's :D

They were talking about blocking the pavements and charging the locals to watch :shock:

:shock: blocking the pavements and charging the residents!? No way, that is most not cool!

Some cyclists have big muscles and tight clothes too bb ;) lol

Oh Tor if we'd have thought about it you and Tilly could have come to stay, in laws are going away for the 2 weeks :(

Poor hubbie is really going to struggle to get in and out of work as we have to go through stratford!! Plus people will prob park over our drives etc to get to the station to go up there!! Im a bit bah humbug about it all tbh!!
xxxx

Poor hubbie is really going to struggle to get in and out of work as we have to go through stratford!! Plus people will prob park over our drives etc to get to the station to go up there!! Im a bit bah humbug about it all tbh!!
xxxx

Us too! Have u got all the big 2012 signs on your high street? Waste of money if you ask me!

Not sure that I have been to a high street in a long while!! Lol!! Were I work at lakeside shopping centre have decided that people are going to go there during the olympics!! Er I dont think so!! Its miles out and not even on the same train line!!
xxx

Speaking of London I'm on one of the NEW metropolitan line trains right now and they are fantastic! I hope old Boris has plans to run them out over the other lines. THEY HAVE AIR CON!!!!

I didn't even know they had trains with air con about bloody time.

YES! we are actually on the cycle route too so our road will be closed as will lots around us and i will be completely cut off from going from south to north of london unless i want to drive 15 miles around :roll:

xx

Oh Tor if we'd have thought about it you and Tilly could have come to stay, in laws are going away for the 2 weeks :(

Awwwww bless you!!!! Tilly chops would have loved the cycling ;) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back