Anyone changed their working hours??

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope we are all surving pregnancy!

I just wondered if anyone has latered there work hours / situation at all to help hope with the increasing strain of growing a human in your uterus!!!!

I have a meeting monday with HR. My boss has suggested we try and do something to make work easier for me as i have a quite a few sick days with my sciatica and insomnia!

One thing he suggested was working from home wednesdays. that way it splits the week up and i get a mid-week rest.

Is there anything else i could sugest. I mainly struggle with getting up in the mornings. As it takes so long to get to sleep and the heartburn / restless leg syndrome / weeing / backache keeps me up all night. I usually fall asleep around 5am and then have to force myself to get up at 7 for work. Whihc lately i have been failing to do and have been late!

So other than cutting my hours as i need the money! What can i suggest to make work easier??

Thanks Ladies!

Lau & BIG blue bump
26 + 5
xxx

without knowing what type of work you do or what hours your office is actually open could you do flexi hours? or mornings where you get in late arrange to make the time up other ways, slightly longer hours next day or a shorter lunch break? or starting an hour later and finishing an hour later? your employers sound like they'll be pretty accomodating for you.

Hi,

I work 8.30 till 4.30 with a half hour lunch break.
All day staff do the same hours and i need to be there for the main time but i work for a manufacturing company that is always running so i can do hours off shift.

I was thinking of something similar. Maybe sugesting an hour, two hour max period i can come in late but have to make the time up that week?

Lau
x

I've changed my hours to have an extra day off (Monday), and I work from home Tues & Wed.......much better especially at my stage.....will be working right up to that first contraction (own business)....i think you should take them up on the offer of working from home 1 day a week, and suggest you start later (even if its just an hour later) and finish later :hug:

Good Luck with the meeting :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back