Anyone been on thompsons/thomas cook etc family holiday?

katie05

Reaction score
We are thinking of going on this type of package holiday as usually just book a flight and hotel separately. Im thinking of the ones that are all inclusive and are very child orientated so wondering if any of you have been anywhere you'd reccomend or warn against!

Positive or negative views are greatly appreciated..please :D

We've been with first choice to Turkey (5 star) all inclusive. It was good :)

Thanks..which was it if you dont mind me asking. we had info on the holiday village one but it had bad reviews on tripadvisor. :?

we went to salou with thomas cook.the hotel was good and child friendly with kids clubs.the holiday rep out there was crap though and we used thomson rep to get in on the organised stuff (trips etc)

We went to Mexico with thomas cook twice,very good stopped at the GranBahia Principe in Akumal.Took the 4 kids aged 22,12,6 and 2.Had a great time.

I used to work for Thomas Cook both overseas and in the UK head office. Been on loads of their holidays (obviously) and had great times. TBH if you are thinking of going all inclusive the Caribbean do it so much better, the Europeans really havent got a clue. There are some good ones in Europe but more bad than good, they tend to try and do all inclusive on the cheap whereas in the Caribbean its all very grand and good quality.

If you have some names of some places then I may know of them and may be able to give you some more info.

Its been few years now but i have been on 2 thompson super family holidays and they were ok to be honest, nice clean pools, good entertainment and kids clubs.

We went to Eden appartments in Gran Canaria and Talayot appartments in Menorca

Menorca was really nice, very family friendly!

I too second Menorca. I was a Thomson's kiddies rep at the Victoris Playa in Santo Tomas and although a tad biased, its very family friendly, both the hotel and island and have been back a few times with the OH since returning to the UK. I must say I do travel with First Choice (now part of Thomson) when I go away now and the Holiday Village concept looks great. We are thinking of taking our first foreign holday with Ellis to the one in the Costa del Sol, mainly because the OH wants to splash aroUnd in the pool on the advert :D They aslo have Creches and family friendly rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back