Anybody TTC baby no 2 or more and has suffered with PND?

Eveadel

Reaction score
I did for about 1 year, Im very worried I will suffer again :(

i didnt get pnd but i was petrified of it thru my first pregnancy coz i thought i was extremely succeptible to it with my medical history etc. i remember the first 4 or 5 days i was consciously fighting it- i told myself i felt positive even when i didnt. i'm not sure whether it worked, or whether i was just lucky and wouldnt have got it anyway. but next time i will be scared too. i think just dont keep it secret will help, make sure your OH, ur family and ur GP & HV all aware of your concerns. then they can help u take precautions etc. try not to worry i kno it must be easy for me to say tho having not suffered from it :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ooh i think i heard beanie mention it on here recently. it wasnt a PM so i'm sure she wont mind u asking her x x

Thanks Trixipaws.

I have suffered with anxiety and depression on and off for a long long time and did become depressed when I was pregnant. Im hoping Im going to be ok this time :?

Hello Eveadel

I didn't officially suffer with PND but I was on antidepressants before I fell pregnant (stopped taking in them a week or two before I found out I was pregnant). I carried on throughout the pregnancy & 16 month after struggling when I was put back on them. It was never dicussed that it was PND but I think it was a factor.

I took my last antidepressant on my wedding day nearly 6 months ago as we knewwe wanted to start trying soon after the wedding. I am keeping my fingers crossed to get pregnant soon cos I feel I really need to be back on some medication, me & DH are arguing a lot more than usual because I get a lot more stressed & have a short fuse. I know he understands but it's still hard for him & I know it's hard for our DD when I get really worked up & start shouting at her for trivial things!

So I hope we get a BFP soon & the 9 month rll around quick so I can fully get over my depression! I don't want this cloud for the rest of my life.

hi, yeah i suffered really bad with pnd. I think it was the whole adjustment thing not knowing what to do if im doing it right, not used to sleepless nights, constantly needed for attention that drove me to pnd. I suffered for 11 months.
Im now trying for baby no.2 and im not so worried as i have been there done that and im more mentally and physically prepared than what i was before. Everybody has there own reasons pnd some just dont have a reason.
I cant guarentee to myself that i wont get it again, but im def more prepared to get help sooner if i do rather than later.
Did u feel u had a reason which set of the pnd trigger?

I suffered really bad PND after 1st pregnancy. but I didnt have any 2nd baby. I was epecting to get it and waited but it never came. I even had more of a stressful year but it had no effect on pnd.

I had pnd after having Hope, unfortunatly i have now been suffering with depression during this pregnancy, although i think the fact that Hope isnt being the best behaved, quitting smoking and worrying about money for crimbo didnt help so i wouldnt automatically asume it was linked if im honest. Im currently coming off my tablets though so thats good, try not to worry too much hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back