Any suggestions?

TORino

Reaction score
My little lady is playing me a bit.

I really struggle to get her to sleep in her crib so the last 2 days I brought her into the bed and she slept on a pillow. she sleeps beautifully like this but I panic that she shouldn't be there and might suffocate or roll off the bed despite trying to make sure she can't move on it.

How can I prop up the crib mattress or make it more in inviting? I know we are not supposed to use pillows are we?

Ahh, she's not playing you she just wants to be close to you I'm guessing! Pillows probably arnt the best idea though or your duvet as they can over heat or suffocate what I do is lay Kynon on top of my duvet next to me and move away any pillows, he often sleeps with me like this as he sleeps better and I'm not up and down so much to feed him all the time. Do you have the Moses basket right up against the bed so she knows your there? I used to put my hand on K tummy in bed so he knew I was there before he outgrew his crib.

Agree with Sarah, she's probably just wanting cuddles. I lay cam either on top of the duvet or just on the mattress without any duvet on top of him and pillows away from him x

The crib is right next to the bed yes.

I really don't want to have her in the bed with me. I've only done it while hubby is in the spare room because he's ill.

I bought a baby pillow from amazon designed for preventing the flat head.
It's the shape of a flower short of and the middle is hole ifykwim. So even if the baby gets this accidentally on its face it can still breath.
I will use this from the very beginning as usually babies sleep a little better when on a pillow, but I wouldn't take the risk of a normal pillow ifykwim.
A different risk free option if you are afraid to try some sort of baby pillow is to put sth under the crib mattress to elevated just a little maybe?

Harry always sleeps better web he's in bed with me which is usually every morning after hubby has got up for work.

I just lie him on the mattress a d move quilt out of the way.

What about putting a blanket on top of crib mattress and then your fitted sheet on top? Might make it a bit more squashy/comfy?

But I do just think she sleeps better cos she's next to you x

Have you tried propping the crib?? Harrison likes to sleep at an angle?!?! I really wouldnt use any type of cushion just in case and to be honest harrison now moves around so much that a pillow wud be useless as he wont stay still!! Lol!!
xxx

I think you can get wedges to put under matress, seen someone mention that before, I only bring harry into bed if we have had a very rough night and just lay him on matress and move away pillow and duvet, they do sleep better when they are next to you. How about a piece of your clothing in crib that you have worn and smells of you?

It could be the change of temp could you try a sleeping bag? (bit harder in this weather)
We put my pg books under the top legs of the Moses basket.
X

She's not actually any closer to me tbh. I move that far away from her in fear of squishing her etc she's closer to me in the crib.

I'll try with elevating the crib, though i worry about the safety of doing that.

Lol maybe she's trying to get away from you! Perhaps it's cooler in this heat for her to be on the bed?

I took off a wall of a cot and put the cot next to our bed. So for G it probably feels that he is sort of in our bed. I can also just reach out and rub his back if he stirs, which seems to calm him down. I think we both sleep better with this new arrangement.

Just an idea xx

We elevate the crib with 2 big thick books. One day hubby will get round to doing something more permanent!!!

Could it be that your bed is warmer from your body heat. What about putting a hot water bottle in the crib for a wee while to warm it ( taking it out when you put her in obviously.)

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back