Any Practice Nurses out there?

LaineyG

Reaction score
The Saga continues.....

I've known I was pregnant since I was 7 weeks.....waited 3 weeks on my first midwife appointment, which was useless as she took one look at my medical history (severe asthmatic) and referred me to the Queen Mother's in Glasgow. She didn't touch me, no bloods, no sample, not even a prod of my tummy.

So now, I have to wait until i'm 16 weeks (i'm 14 weeks on Monday) for my first appointment at the Queen Mum's!!!

I've been feeling extra tired this week, so I'm going to go to my GP's drop-in blood clinic on Monday and ask them to check my iron levels.

What I would like to know is, can the practice nurse order a CUBS blood test for me? To check hormone levels and Down's Risk?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I am in total pregnancy limbo!!

xxx

Sorry to hear about your treatment so far under the NHS. :(

I don't know if it's the same but I had to have some blood tests done this week too (for iron deficiency anaemia and/or possible diabetes). I was told I needed a GP to refer me and fill in the bloods form. Seems the practice nurse doesn't do anything to do with blood these days ??

I hope you have better luck at the drop in clinic. When I rang for an appt to get the blood taken I was offered one NEXT week. OH and I went to the hospital and waited 2 hours in line instead.

:hug:

Hi

Dont have any advice but sorry your not having any good luck with it, sounds like your not getting very good treatment.
Katrinaxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back