Any one plus size and pregnant?

emmie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here is plus size as i am a shocking size 24 :shock: i was told that it was difficult to get pregnant while if you were overweight?? So much for that theory!!! started trying in feb and we concieved march. :D

I was just wondering if anyone else was plus size here (16+) and how your finding pregnancy. cheers em xx

Hiya, i was a size 18-20 when i started TTC, i have come across obstacles with my BMI such as my midwife not supporting me in wanting a home birth anymore,

I also have SPD which to be honest i am not sure whether i would have if i was lighter, or might not be suffering so much with it,

I havent put much weight on so far and hope it continues like that as i am just under 19 stone now and dont really want to go over 20

Oh yes you are not alone Honey!!!

I'm a size 26 without the help of a baby in there lol.

Am 15w and not showing yet, have struggled to find a heartbeat on my doppler and 12w scan pic not as clear as others on here.

Saying that if you don't want people to know about the baby too early it's an advantage to not get a 'baby belly' as early as most women! Midwives are very good at doppling and their dopplers are stronger so you would still get to hear bubs at anti natal. If you've not had a dating scan, then my advice would be to drink as much as physically possible as this helps.

My weight has caused me to be a risk of gestational diabetes, but they said that last time and I was perfectly fine.

Being a big gal didn't hinder me in getting pregnant, I conceived fairly quickly once I'd nagged the OH into submission over the idea! :dance:

One thing I'm not considering is a water birth - for fear of being mistaken for a whale and getting harpooned! :rotfl:

Sarah xxx

Glad to see i'm not the only one feel much better now :D

Loved your comment on the water birth sarah made me giggle. :rotfl:

Hiya!

I'm plus sized. Was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant but things didn't quite work out the way I wanted :)

Am around a size 24 now (I seem to have filled out a bit in the last few days) and am really really worried about putting on loads of weight while I'm pregnant because it's just taken me a year to lose 4st and don't want to put it back on. So far have put 8lbs on which I'm not happy about but since my sickness is just going now (touch wood!) I'll be able to get back the gym and stop eating so much bread soon :D

Aww - it's nice to know who the plus sized ladies are. :wave:

i got pregnant really quickly, we only had unprotected sex the once and weren't trying. but i suppose thats all it takes
i was a size 20/22 before getting pregnant.
in the first trimester i lost 1 stone 2 lbs with being sick a lot.
ive tried not to weigh myself too much as bump was growing because id just depress myself, but i did weigh myself the other day and ive now put 8lbs on from how much i weighed before i got pregnant. so in 2nd and 3rd trimester ive put on 1st 10lbs.

as for my bump, i didnt properly start showing until i was about 18 weeks or so, i do have quite a big bump now but considering hes a big baby and i was already big, and im nearly 2 weeks over due, its actually not so bad.
luckily i seem to be carrying it all on the front too, so i dont look too much like a barrel :)

i was worried before going for my 4d scan thinking maybe it wouldnt be so clear and a waste of money but it was a really good scan.

sorry for gatecrashing
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back