Any of you had urine/kidney infection?

SarahH

Reaction score
I am sure I have this as I am doubled over in pain and running to the loo what feels like every 2 minutes!!

I have called the doctors but can't get an appointment until Thursday afternoon (boo :cry: ).

Is there anything you can suggest to ease it any?

PLLLLEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE!!!

If it is a urine infection drink cranberry juice and loads of fluid. This helps wash it out your system, hope you feel better soon :hug:

tots hope said:
If it is a urine infection drink cranberry juice and loads of fluid. This helps wash it out your system, hope you feel better soon :hug:

Thanks!! Have already told hubby to take cranberry juice home at lunch time.

TBH I think with the pain your in Thursday is along time to wait, I'd phone the drs first thing in the morning and see if they have any cancelations.

Do you have terrible back pain? if so this would suggest a Kidney infection rather then just a bladder infection.

Drink plenty of water and as suggested cranberry juice, this won't help get rid of a kidney infect but will help prevent it from getting any worse.

I'd suggest plenty of rest some painkillers and a hot water bottle or warm flannel to place over you bladder area if you have pain there.

:hug:
xSuzx

wow you have to wait til thursday?
wheres the pain?

ive had a kidney stone and the pain was as bad a labour pain :shock:
drink lots of cranberry juice an take some pain killers to help the pain
I would ring NHS direct if you have a pain in your side

xSuzx said:
TBH I think with the pain your in Thursday is along time to wait, I'd phone the drs first thing in the morning and see if they have any cancelations.

Do you have terrible back pain? if so this would suggest a Kidney infection rather then just a bladder infection.

Drink plenty of water and as suggested cranberry juice, this won't help get rid of a kidney infect but will help prevent it from getting any worse.

I'd suggest plenty of rest some painkillers and a hot water bottle or warm flannel to place over you bladder area if you have pain there.

xSuzx

Yeah my back was in agony when I had kidney infection- i actually called the doctor out it was that bad!!! Try and get an appointment asap if you can xxx

xSuzx said:

xSuzx

I am sitting here with my hot water bottle and just feel yuk!! I have really bad pains in my side and lower back. It's not nice!! :cry:

its horrible, one of the worst feelings :( get on the phone to the docs and keep mythering them!

In the mean time, plenty of fluids,cranberry juice and painkillers :hug:

Hope your feeling better soon hun

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic