Any of these sound familiar...??

Becc

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of these phrases sound familiar to anybody else or whether only I have a completely insensitive family!! I swear, if I hear these again I may throw a huge tantrum!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You don't even look pregnant."

"Oh, have you not even got a bump at all yet?"

"You're pregnant, not ill."

"The only reason you feel tired is that you're not doing enough." (wouldn't that make me MORE tired?? :? )

"You're not eating properly." (My mum who hasn't seen me since New Year and hasn't been to my house for about 6 months... how would she know what I'm eating?!)

"Enjoy it now because it's all downhill from here." (Thanks for that optimistic view of motherhood)

"You're STILL not working then?" (Like I'm not trying!! In case they haven't noticed the whole country is in a depression!!!)

"Home birth? I wouldn't, it's not safe." (Clearly based on years of research they have conducted themselves!)

and lastly.......

"I know someone who's looking for a dog..." ARRRRGGHHHH No, no, no no, NO!!! He's going to Lab Rescue and that's that! I don't want him to go to some friend of a friend of a friend who will no doubt phone me a week later when I've lost my place on the waiting list to say they've changed their mind..... I don't CARE if they had a lab cross called Molly for 10 years and it followed them everywhere or if they live next to a park. No!! (OH's parents who also recommended a mortgage advisor that never phones back, a gas man that doesn't answer his phone and a discount furniture shop that doesn't stock anything dated later than the 1970s!!!)

Anyway, I probably look insane now but never mind I had my rant and I feel better :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

someone down the school a few weeks back told me i looked small i could of smacked her right in the mouth as if we need to hear that sort of thing

Sweetpea134 said:
someone down the school a few weeks back told me i looked small i could of smacked her right in the mouth as if we need to hear that sort of thing

I completely agree... as if we don't already worry enough! People don't understand that the 'correct size' only goes off the height of your uterus as it is palpated in the abdomen... outwardly every pregnant woman looks different and it doesn't mean there is something wrong!! I dread to think what people will be saying to me at 20 weeks then... I'm almost 17 and no real visible bump yet and I can't see a huge one springing up in 3 weeks... :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back