Any men out there???

there are occasional male poster who need advice for their partners, and of course the resident midwife_online who is male (Kieran) but no one else - sorry!! you are alone out there :?

I'm a man! *checks* yes i am a man! :shock:

i'm laylas bloke/toyboy/lacky, the poor down trodden victim of a hormonal woman.

any ho, i thought i'd better say hi seeing as i finally registered instead of just snooping on her :wink:

i'm bricking being a dad, just hope i'll make my son proud.

thankyou and good night

x

WOT EVER YOU DO ULL BE BETTER THAN BRAYDONS DAD WHO NOW HASNT SEEN HIM FOR A MONTH

My other half logs on as me occasionally and sometimes even answers topics... i suppose i should talk him into having his own login name to save on confusion... its good there are a few men on here... i think they all secretly want to join in. And hearing their take on things is refreshing and helps you appreciate that its a rollercoaster for both of you not just the baby incubator lol

Might sound strange but I don't think I'd like my OH on here too much - this is my only space to be me .... considering I don't actually have a life outside the house anymore. He does sometimes sit and read threads with me (only to try and be involved in what I'm doing bless him) but I feel like you're the only mates I have now since I've been pretty much housebound and no-one comes to see me :(

*plays the smallest violin the world has ever seen*

I DO however enjoy reading male posts from other peoples partners - it is interesting to get a males point of view - even if some of you poor blokes are scared of our hormnones :lol:

Plus , I dont know if I can always tell him the same things I tell you guys/girls. I mean, would your OH have a lengthy discussion with you about discharge of his own free will?! Mine wouldn't.

Me and Jase are close, we can talk about anything :)

I didn't mean that me and my OH aren't close, we are very close, I just......I dont know how to put it into words really.

maybe I'm being silly.

My partner would never dream of even looking at the forum, never mind posting on it lol! He wont even watch programmes on TV about babies, or even talk about them. As far as he's concerned, she doesn't exist til she's born :( :( :(

ok sorry TMI but me and OH are so close he wud mop up my discharge let alone discuss it hehehehe

well he did try and help mop up my green meconium stained waters when i sneezed and it all shot out all of the floor :oops:

bless him :D

your OH is so sweet, bless him

I think its great that men/partners can come on here and get so involed, i think it makes them more aware of how we are feeling and whats yet to come too.

I think in a way I would like him to come on here coz he would understand a bit more and see things from other womens point of view and see I'm not the only only one going through this, that, or the other, - and I do talk to him about everything (including discharge) - he just wouldnt ever ask.....

I don't think I worded my reply properly earlier and made you all think my OH isn't interested or I don't want him to be!!! :lol: He is and I do!

I like the freedom of being able to say what I like on this site and not worry about his feelings! It's not that we're not close, but it's good to have a bit of a 'girly' space. In the same way there isn't much I'd tell a girlfriend that I haven't already told my OH, but I might not tell her in front of him.

However, he knows my nickname now so - if he were bothered - he could check up on me if he wanted ;o)

I think that's what I was trying to say.....thank you Skidoo - my brain isn't working very well today. I need my 'girly' space. x

My OH sounds like a b******d now, I feel guilty now I might have worded it differently :oops:

He's just more practical than emotional. His way of being supportive is building things and decorating rather than talking and giving me a hug.

Ditto Kim

My hubby is exactly the same as yours. He doesnt really show much interest until the actual birth. i was quite worried about it when i was pregnant with Joshua, thought that he had gone off the idea. shouldnt have worried as he was like a dog with two tails at the birth. lol

mind you i can tell him anything and i feel quite comfortable doing so.

x

Yeah I feel comfortable telling him anything, he doesn't listen most of the time anyway lol!! :lol:

lol Kim

Our hubbys are definitely clones. :lol: :lol:

and my hubby is excellent at the DIY too.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back