any ideas??

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Max has been bringing up loads of his feed today...

i started giving him gaviscon yesterday for possible reflux, just seems to have got worse not better

any ideas why hes bringin so much up? hes otherwise all healthy. is it worth trying him on another brand of milk?? HV said today possible cows milk allergy....??

How much of the sachet are you giving him? Charlie was suppised to have 2 per 8oz bottle but he kept being sick so just gave him one and he atopped x

hes on SMA gold... and im using a half sachet for each feed, 3 times a day in 150ml xxx

Hmmm I'm not sure then..cs on sms gold, after trying all the diff brands he's ok on that one, perhaps go back to the docs in case its an intolerance or something...are you making the milk fresh or heating up from the fridge? X

hes on ready made instant formula, were told to use that for the first 4 weeks in our area, but due to gaviscon 3 of his daily feeds are now milk powder and i prepare all 3 and put them in the fridge...?

Powder gaviscon didn't agree with G at all. She screamed the place down, sooo unlike her. We've now got liquid stuff. Xxx

I store the boiled water in the bottles and add the powder at the last minute. Some formulas don't store well hun. Could also be swapping from the ready made to the powder as the ready made is much richer xxxxxxxxxx

I would try just using the powders first, I wad told ready made milk has more sugars in and easier to digest so maybe Los tummy needs to get used to one? But if its only since the gaviscon and changing to powder I wouldn't change brands myself as it might be too much on the timmy, upto you though, perhaps speak to someone like a hv or doctor did youre still not sure? X

Sometimes ready made is richer than powder it could be that and I've never heard of using cartons for the first 4 weeks before just straight on to powered xxp

does seem like it could be the change to milk powder.... its not just milky either its really slimy when it comes back up.

i had to take him to hospital today as hes had blood in his poo so they've done blood tests and stool tests so that will show up a milk allergy if he has one, if its not that then im not sure what to try next... a new milk or liquid gaviscon? but yes i agree i dont think i wanna try a new milk just yet as i dont wanna keep adding new things to him all at once!

hmmmmmmmm ???confused xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back