Any Food Lo Shouldn't Eat?

luvbunsazzle

Reaction score
Well when i began the weening, my HV told me to avoid Strawberries and one other thing but really cant remember what, probably nuts, untill after she was 1.

Ive seen many parents giving their Lo's strawberries, so didnt understand why this was?

Was just wondering if there was any foods that people wouldn't advise or wouldnt give full stop.

Ive kind of stuck to the basics with her food, and want to be more adventours.

Strawbs are known for allergies so I think they say them to be safe like nuts. I've given Hebe strawberries since 6 months. She eats exactly what we are eating. We dont use salt in cooking and then she gets the same as us and we can add salt to taste. She's had curry, mushroom pakoras, quorn fajitas - just anything we are having really and we've done that for months now :)

Last edited:
So it's ok to give her them to try now?
Nuts i wont as couple of family members with nut allergies etc.

Oooo Faghita's, never thought she'd eat them she till she was alot older. It's good to know what others eat so i know what i can try

i've been giving katie strawberries for months. them and tomatoes they say to avoid. i've not given oranges cos i think they're a bit acidic and my mum wont let me now cos of the skins on them :dohh: apparently she's seen someone choke on them! only other thing i avoid is nuts and hot/salty stuff!

Oh no!! :shock: I've been giving Niamh strawberries for a few weeks now, i didn't realise you should avoid them! There isn't much she can eat cause of her cleft but she loves strawberries!

I dont think there is any harm, just was told not to, and hadn't but i will try now i know others have done :D

i've always given maddi strawberries, i've always gone on the basis of if there is any family allergies, she gets pretty much everything we have, and like mm's we don't cook with salt. we do avoid shell fish though, like in pregnancy, or any unpasteurised soft cheeses and no butternut squash as i have an allergy, and of course, potato cos maddi's allergic!!

I've never paid attention to what she was supossed to eat or not,i know i didnt give her nuts but more because of choking then allergies.
Strawberries,kiwi,citrusy fruits she had all that from 6 months.
Also,i never added salt/sugar to her food.
Twins are still on purees.

Thanks girls, might try her with some nice exotic fruit today!!!

I think honey was on the list of things I was told not to give Lottie... I've not tried her on strawberries/oranges yet. x

Eggs I am waiting to give, Honey, nuts and shellfish :D

I think the only thing we have avoided is shellfish and honey. Nuts more for the fact that she can't chew them and well they might hurt the other end if she didn't chew them up!

She has pretty much had a taster of anything we have though, unless its chilli and food we use jars or packet mixes with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back