Any advice on buying a pushchair/buggy/travel system?

Lewa

Reaction score
I know it's still early for me.. only 6 weeks :p But there's a store in my street selling used baby stuff, and it's closing down, so it's basically half price of half price now... I can get 3 in one travel systems for between 50-100£ there, which seems like a good deal!
So I'm going to try to buy something before it closes and/or all the good stuff is sold!

We don't have a car, and will be walking a lot in the city and shops/stores, so I'm guessing something with rotatable front wheels, something with square handle, something that can be front or back facing and also easily collapsible for buses etc. will be some important things to consider (I've talked to my sister and a friend about this so far) but is there anything else I should keep in mind before going ahead and buying one?

When I got mine I just considered my lifestyle which it seems you have, the baby will need a lie flat or carry cot for the first 3 months xxx

My o/h has been spying on people with buggies in the city lol. He reckons 4 wheelers are better than 3 wheelers as 3 wheelers look like they might topple over whilst going down large kerbs :eh: x

Also think about how much they weigh if you have to carry them onto a bus as well as a baby! Check how they collapse cos I know that some we looked at collapsed seperately, i.e. the chassi folded down and the seat folded but not together!:wall2:

I know it's still early for me.. only 6 weeks :p But there's a store in my street selling used baby stuff, and it's closing down, so it's basically half price of half price now... I can get 3 in one travel systems for between 50-100£ there, which seems like a good deal! So I'm going to try to buy something before it closes and/or all the good stuff is sold

I don't know if you managed to get a travel system from there, but Silver Cross pushchairs are very nice. Recently there was a lot of talk about children injuring their fingers in the hinges of various pushchairs. Silver Cross has very nice sealed safety hinges. Generally speaking, they're just very nice pushchairs to consider. You can click on the picture for more examples.

I recommend everyone to get a travel system, I know it doesn't fit into everyone's lives, but I think the 4 wheels are alot more practical than 3, especially if you do alot of walking. I find the wheels on the travel systems are bigger than wheels on other buggies, more sturdy. And having the car seat is a great bonus, they're normally around £100 themselves. And nice and snug for baby.

:)

i would suggest defiantly going into a few shops and having a play with as many as you can! find a style you like, then just keep narrowing it down till you get the right one! thats how we did it! we chose the SilverCross Linear Freeway in the end and i love it, and can't wait to use it (properly . . . pushing it round the house makes my OH think i've lost it :lol:)

the graco I love my bear pram is what we have bought its awesome but thats only available in toys r us. Id say just have a play with them and see what you think suits you

the graco I love my bear pram is what we have bought its awesome but thats only available in toys r us. Id say just have a play with them and see what you think suits you

ooooh I love that range I was considering it too I think its really cute basically same style/frame as the sterling I got. We had the exact same style with my first and trust me, its a really good buggy, we only ever used that one right up til my wee girl was about 2 and a half and when we got rid if it it was still in perfect condition and that was us using it every day. We would have got the one you got but we'd already had our heart set that we'd get a black buggy this time.

:)

We went for a 4-wheeler, as 3-wheelers are not very stable apparently. And 4-wheelers usually have bigger compartments underneath, which is quite useful.

Big wheels are good for muddy walks, as small wheels can get clogged up with mud quickly.

For a newborn baby you should look for smth with a completely flat base. And if you want your baby to spend a long time in the pram, look for the carrycot that is ventilated. Cheaper versions without ventilation are not suitable for babies to sleep in them for a long period of time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back