anxiety attacks worse than ever need a hug:(

Melly+2

Reaction score
I just cant seem to shake them off at all and im at the point where they are there almost constantly, having one as i sit typing this. Im sorry to go on bout this but i really need some reassurence that it will get better because it is getting really bad now. Im always terrified that some thing is going to happen to Hope and every little thing scares me, i got scared coz she was putting her hands in the sand because i though she might get ill how stupid is that, its the same with everything though i just cant be normal. Been having alot of bad dreams, bout ppl trying to hurt her too, not me of course but alot have my ex in them and he is trying to hurt her, im at the point where i dont wana go out. Im sorry to moan on bout this i am going to go to the doctors but in the mean time i need a very big hug :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I think its quite normal to feel nervous about hope gettin ill i still worry about keeley.

I think going to the doctors is the best thing hun.... :)

if you ever wanna talk you know where i am :D :hug:

Awww hun.

It's very normal to worry, and even to have bad dreams :(
Random question but do you drink tea and coffee? If you drink too much it can make things worse, when Brody was up all hours I used to drink loads of coffee but I had to stop cos I was getting a bit panicky too.

thanks girls, neve drink tea or coffee at all so it cant be that i have no idea what could be causing it, might be pnd still :(

Hey babe,

Your going through a rough patch at the moment, I know how hard anxiety can be and it can be even harder to not loose all sense of reality because of your fears.

You have had a bad time in the past with your ex, that will be why he's in your dreams as he's someone that you feel upset & threatened by. Dreams have a funny way of showing your inner feelings as ive discovered lately with my dreams, if you have anxiety it disturbs your sleep which in turn makes the anxiety worse.... vicious circle!

There is no way (that I know of) to stop a spout of anxiety, in my experience in the past they have passed in their own time but it sounds like you not sleeping properly are making things worse. How much are the dreams effecting things hun?

Stay strong, you can get through this hun. If im completely honest I dont think I have ever recovered from anxiety but I have learnt to control it and see the warning signs.

Please DONT EVER start to think that you are not normal for feeling the way that you do (cos I know you will be), anxiety is a natural thing built into us that that stops us walking out into a busy road or putting ourselves in danger. People that suffer from anxiety have more of these feelings which in turn makes u feel worried and scared about things that really u know there is no need to be.

That may have all be rubbish but hopefully its helped u understand why u feel the way u do a little better!

Keep your chin up & your right to go to your doctor xxxxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

The first 6 weeks of Rubys life, I was dreadful, suffered panic attacks almost constantly, daily. I so imagined this happy blissfull family life and it so wasnt....I felt out of control and scared.

I went to docs @ around 5 weeks and I am on anti depressants-I was on them last year after a bad time and I can honestly say they have helped me a lot. I no longer feel out of control and I am loving every minute of every day with her (before I would dread each day as I opened my eyes...not good :cry: ) I am not ashamed to be on my "happy pills" as I call them....they have helped me through a difficult time.

Speak to your doc, they may recommend counselling which will also help

PM me if you need to talk, big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks alot for the kind words, i am on anti dipressants at the moment too but i think i will need to change them :hug:

aww hun im the same im completley insane sometimes mollys never been away from me since shes been born i take citalopram now for it and im feeling much better but i am still anxious im very overprotective of her because i was abused as a child and if my partners away i can bairly sleep sometimes for fear of someone breaking in i have to make sure everythings locked up and one night my dogs were making banging noises downstairs, i thought someone had broken in, so i grabbed a pair of nail sissors and some deodrant to protect myslef i felt like a right wally, definatley talk to the doctor my meds have made me feel much better i would have terrible dreams too and wouldnt go out for fear of something bad happening so i completley understand but i wasnt always so crazy lol its only been since ive had molly, i am really glad i went to the doctors my oh made me but i feel so much better now. pm me if you need a chat its completley normal you love ur baby girl and its overwhelming becoming a parent :hug: :hug:

awww Mel you poor thing, i know what its like and it isnt nice, i dont suffer now but the last gew weeks before giving birth i for some reason was convinced my mum or dad was going to die :shock: i dont know where i got the idea from but i was absoloutely convinced, i actually made my mum txt me ecery time she drove anywhere, when she left when she arrived any stops she made in between, and if she didnt or if she was late id go into a huge fit and cry and start shaking and be uncontrollable, i made my dad do the same, i was convinced they wouldnt see their grandson before he was born. I was ok after having him but i still get scared and panicky every now and then but not often.

You should try go back to the doctors see if there is anything he can do if the AD your on need upping or even lowering strength wise :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug:

Ive suffered with anxiety/panic attacks for many years. Touch wood Ive not had a panic attack since being pregnant. I really went through a bad anxious state when Isabella was born. I was not left on my own with her until she was 5 weeks old. Oh my god, I thought I was going to loose it when I was left with her, I really didnt think I could cope. I couldnt even drive with her in the car for more than a couple of miles as I was so worried incase she cried and how would I cope and I might crash, etc, etc.

Ive been having counselling well have been for the last year or so and Im 95% better. I still havent drove any further than about 15 minutes in the car with her but I do push myself every so often. I never took antidepressants as I have a phobia about taking medication instead I took Kalms which have really really helped me.

I would also agree go and see your GP, dont be shy about telling him/her about all your concerns even if they are silly.

Have you tried reading 'Feel the fear and do it anyway'???

Please pm if you need any help/advice or just someone when you are feeling anxious.

Thanks for all of the support, it seems a little better now, still with me but at a level i can cope with, omg i dont know what happened last week it was horrible, it was just constant panicking :cry:

yeah i am they are still here but i can cope with them alot better now thank you hun :hug:

Hi Mel

Its usually an event that triggers off panic attacks then you get recurrent attacks from seemingly unrelated things so anything can start one off. They usually have a root cause though. I had severe panic disorder a few years back to the point where I couldnt leave the house and was on 60mgs citalopram. Has your Dr referred you for counselling?

Years ago I used to get recurrent nightmares about T-Rex's, they used to chase me and DD and I was always trying to hide her. In the dreams I'd find somewhere to hide her but there was never enough room for both of us so I was left exposed. I found out later that the T-Rex represented my ex and when I actually stood up to him the dreams stopped.

Its weird how things manifest sometimes. I had a bad experience with DD on some escalators (in the days before lifts were standard) then I developed a fear of buses as the bus would take me to the escalators then I developed a fear of going out as I'd see the buses so you can see how fears have a root but then anything can start an attack.

Ask your Dr to refer you to counselling hun :hug:

thanks for all of the support girls it mean so much to me especially coz no one else seems to understand but you guys do and that makes me feel lots better :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back