• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Antenatal Classes

xNataliex

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, Happy New Year!

I wanted to ask about antenatal classes ie. how I know where I can go for them and when I need to start.

I have looked on the net and the only information that comes up is for the National Childbirth Trust. These look good but are there any on the NHS as am already paying for Yoga, Swimming, etc and it's starting to add up!

I'm in the Derby area if anyone has any local info. :D

Ta,
Nat xxxxx

Sorry I don't really know - your midwife may reccommend though. I haven't been to any :oops:

I asked my m/w last visit and she gave me contact details.

I actually started a topic about this in tri 3 section yesterday on their opinions and advise on it, may be helpful to you.

I'm hoping to book mine soon, I'm like you NCT ones look good, but don't really want to pay for them.

I'm told they're worth it to make friends in your area in the same position as you :)

At DCGH they have classes from when you are about 32/34 weeks I think (think its Mondays or Wednesdays evenings) in your notes there should be a form that you need to tear off the bottom and return before you are 24 weeks (I found mine the other day and need to send it off with a 'sorry its late' note).

Think those classes are general advice, and lookin round the maternity ward etc.

Sorry to be vague, I keep my notes in the car and I'm too lazy to walk down and get them atm as I haven't even got dressed yet today :oops: so I'm just trying to remember what the form said when I read it on Friday :doh:

I was given dates for NHS antenatal classes at my 16 week MW appointment.

There should be something available in your area for free..

Emmylou said:
At DCGH they have classes from when you are about 32/34 weeks I think (think its Mondays or Wednesdays evenings) in your notes there should be a form that you need to tear off the bottom and return before you are 24 weeks (I found mine the other day and need to send it off with a 'sorry its late' note).

Think those classes are general advice, and lookin round the maternity ward etc.

Sorry to be vague, I keep my notes in the car and I'm too lazy to walk down and get them atm as I haven't even got dressed yet today :oops: so I'm just trying to remember what the form said when I read it on Friday :doh:

This might be an odd question Emmylou but our local hozzy is DCGH does it stand for Dorset County General Hospital or are you at another DCGH??

Jaidy - I'm at a different one, our DCGH stands for Derby City General Hospital - not long till you'll be making full use of your DCGH :pray: lots of luck :cheer: :hug:

Emmylou said:
Jaidy - I'm at a different one, our DCGH stands for Derby City General Hospital - not long till you'll be making full use of your DCGH :pray: lots of luck :cheer: :hug:

Ahhhhhhh easy mistake to make I suppose

Cheers babe :D

Nat

Is it aqua natal You are going to I was planning to start going today but puked 5 times yesterday evening and night and haven't the energy?

Emma.
I need to go check my notes now as I haven't noticed anything either :oops:

cloud9 said:
Nat

Is it aqua natal You are going to I was planning to start going today but puked 5 times yesterday evening and night and haven't the energy?

Emma.

I know I stumbled across it last friday when I was thumbing through everything in the wallet as we were on motorway and i was bored, thought I'd sort out what leaflets I should read, and what advertising material I should remove from it!!! Will def need to sort that today :wall:

cloud9 said:
Nat

Emma.

At the moment it's Pregnancy Yoga and just normal swimming at Queen Street. Where is Aqua Natal? Would like to start that too!! So sorry to hear about your puking :( . Does it come and go or do you still have the full on moring sickness?

well I just managed to get booked in for 14th Feb for a month of 4 classes every wed for 2 hours at NHS - not holidng out much hope as apparently there crap but only time will tell!

My friend recommended the NCT classes but in London they cost £230 for 4 lessons!!!! Sod that.

My hospital, The Whittington, does the antenatal classes for free and I'm signed on to them instead.

Your midwife should let you know what classes are available and sign you on for the ones you want to do. If not, ask her about it. Sometimes the classes are listed in the pregnancy pack you get when you first meet your mw.

Good luck!

At the moment it's Pregnancy Yoga and just normal swimming at Queen Street. Where is Aqua Natal? Would like to start that too!! So sorry to hear about your puking . Does it come and go or do you still have the full on moring sickness?

The aqua natal is at Queen street on a wednesday moning 9.30 - 10.30 ,They say there are 20 places on a first come first serve basis and its £3.45. You have to be 16 weeks to attend.

The puking is with me always usually twice a day will have it till this little one comes out now :puke:

It was really good fun...

But only 2 of us turned up! So it was a bit like personal training! Amazingly the other girl who was there turned out to have the same due date as me!

It was tiring, but not knackering and we did a bit of relaxation too.

I guess it was quiet because its still close to Xmas, but I said I'd go again next week as did the other girl!

It was nice, I feel good! Recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back