ante natal classes

mudgey

Reaction score
I had my midwife appointment today and she has told me to phone up to book my ante natal classes, am I the only person freaking out at the thought of them?? :? I know Im being silly but I just have this awful vision of having to sit in a circle introducing myself like the first day at school and doing lots of panting :rotfl: And I cant help worrying that everyone will be strange even though I know most pregnant women are perfectly normal!! :lol: Its really worrying me!!

When i was pregnant with my 1st son i never got to go to any...... well to be truthfull i thought how your thinking but actually this time around i would like to give it a go meeting people in my area thats due the same time as me sounds quite fun really.....

Thats what Im telling myself, it would be good to meet other people due at a similar time who live nearby. I just dont know if I can do it! Im shy anyway and pretty quiet so just going into a room of strangers will be tough enough!

i can only get on day ones at a push which means my oh cant come

as mad as it sounds i really wanna go... looking into private classes xxx

Do you know when your supposed to start them?? I was looking at pregnancy yoga as a friend really recommended it but can only start that when I leave work because the class clashes with work. :( I thought the yoga might all be a bit quieter, more solitarie (sp?) and all about being in your own zone, has anyone been?

I'm scared and excited. Excited because I'll get to learn important baby stuff I need to know (hopefully :) )

But I'm terified about going somewhere new on my own. I'll have to go half an hour eary so I can get my bearings and calm down before I go in. I don't do well in groups of people and I'll probably puke with nerves if they do the Creeping Death.

"Hi my name is Jo and I'm a noob" Epp!!!!!

nina_ballerina said:
Do you know when your supposed to start them?? I was looking at pregnancy yoga as a friend really recommended it but can only start that when I leave work because the class clashes with work. :( I thought the yoga might all be a bit quieter, more solitarie (sp?) and all about being in your own zone, has anyone been?

No idea, its only just been mentioned to me and Im nearly 27weeks. If they're during the day here I wont be able to go either and even if I can OH wont be able to and Im not going on my own!! Not sure about the yoga but I was thinking about that too.

Oh I just saw my mid wife for my regular check up. She let me go through my list of things to ask about first. When I asked about ante natal classes she said that it was too early to book them before, but she booked them there and then for me.

For ours partners are only allowed to go to one session. The rest are mums only.

Potbelijo said:
Oh I just saw my mid wife for my regular check up. She let me go through my list of things to ask about first. When I asked about ante natal classes she said that it was too early to book them before, but she booked them there and then for me.

For ours partners are only allowed to go to one session. The rest are mums only.

I dont think I'll be so scared if its mums only, I can see my OH deliberately acting dumb just to wind me up as he'll think its funny! :roll: I have to ring up to book my own so dont know anything about them yet, Im just dreading that first meeting!

mudgey said:
I have to ring up to book my own so dont know anything about them yet, Im just dreading that first meeting!

Awww you'll be fine hun! :hug: I'm quite shy when I first meet people, I remember Amber's first day at Nursery! I had to take her in for a 'settling in' session and stay there with her, all the other mum's were there with their LO's too & I was so nervous but once you get chatting, it's fine!

My midwife spoke to me about Antenatal classes at my last checkup two weeks ago. Mine start around 32 weeks. She has given my details to the hospital (that's where the ones I'm going to are held) and said someone will call me nearer the time with the exact details of times and dates! I never went to them when I was pregnant with Amber and always wished I ad so I was determined to go this time, I'm also booked in for relaxation classes too! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back