another job question...

jenna

Reaction score
...!

My DH has just started a new job as a security guard. He works in 3 different shops, mainly the spar though. He went to take a break today and the assistant manager told him he couldnt leave the shop, (which was a problem because he was driving me home in his break).

is it legal for them to stop him leaving the shop dureing his dinner and breaks? surely they cant ...? :evil:

No i wouldn't have thought it was upto them what he does on his breaks, that's why they are called breaks so you get away from the job!

Nah that sounds pretty ridiculous hun, I agree with Vicki :)

Hi
If they are paid breaks then they are within their rights to request he stays on the premises as they are effectively paying for the privelledge. If a dinner break is un-paid then he can come and go in the allotted time as he pleases.
bex

hubby said get him to check contract as some security firms insist on staying on the premises.

in my shop(tesco) the security guard has 2 stay on shop premises just incase....

Agree with Bexxie that they can say he stays on premises but only if hos breaks are PAID. If theyre not then that is his own time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back