• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Hospital Appointment

happy-chick

Reaction score
UPDATE

I'm still bleeding so ive rang the EPU and they have asked me to come in for another scan on Monday (12th Mar) at 9:00am for another scan.

Its driving me totally insane now! Ive been bleeding 3 weeks yesterday.

Just wondered do you think I should do a home pg test and see what that shows?

Your help is appreciated! xxx

Ive been to the doctors this morning and he has refered me to a counsellor. He also said to come back if the bleeding hasnt eased in a weeks time or if I have any concerns or questions.

He has also given me something to help me sleep and hopefully reduce the nightmares i keep having which will enable me to have a decent nights sleep at last! :sleep:
Did anyone else have nightmares?

He advised me not to try again for 3 months to give my body chance to settle... this seems a long time?

Feeling really low at the moment, just cant seem to pick myself back up. Feel very lonley and sad.
:cry:[/b]

Jo,

Firstly a big :hug:

It is perfectly normal to feel down. I know its hard but you mustn't beat yourself up about it. You must allow yourself time to grieve for the little baby you thought you would be having..... When my M/C was detected I honestly have never felt so low in my entire life.... I really thought I would never feel "normal" again..... I don't think anyone can understand until they have experienced it.

Now nearly 8 weeks on it still hits me like a steam train some days and I can't cope with the world. And on others I manage and even have an upbeat outlook on life.... Just take each day as it comes and if you are having a "bad day" then just ride with it and do whatever makes you feel better....

Like you I have had prolonged bleeding... (yup its still happening) so i can understand the dispair you feel everytime you go to the toilet.... I really wanted to stop bleeding so i could move on, and close that chapter of my life to a certain extent. I have also been obsessing about when it may finish so I can get back to TTC again..... Recently i have come to the conclusion that it'll stop when it stops and no amount of wishing is going to change the outcome, and its made it a bit easier to cope with. Also my OH has never had such an in depth knowledge of my bodily functions.. I found talking about it (even describing colour, consistancy, flow rate etc) has made it seem less like I am in that bathroom on my own everytime (although I can't bear for him to be in there for real).

I really hope you feel better soon.

J
XX

P.S. There is no medical reason to wait to TTC but they recommend waiting to help the emotional scars heal.... I have found that most male docs say longer than female docs as I don't think men really understand the pain of the constant monthly reminder when you so desperately want to be PG... its only three months to them, but I think its so different for us....

P.P.S. PM me if you want to talk and I can give you my personal email address too

Thank you so much TickTock, so much of what you have said rings close to home and makes me feel a little less alone.

I will PM you hun xxx

hey hun :hug:

Hey you its only natural to feel like this, its such a hard thing for anyone to go through and my heart does go out to you.

Im glad your doctor has referred you for counselling i hope that you find it helpful i do.
As for nightmares iv not really had any after losing carrie-ann i used to wake up in rally hot sweats just shaking but not had any bad nightmares, i hope you get a better nights sleep soon. :hug:

After my 1st m/c my doc told me to have 1 normal period before i tried again to make sure i knew where i was in my cycle but its really when ever you feel ready and not before, this time round iv been told 4-6 months which is understandable and im going to give it a few months.

Hope your ok hun and if you need to talk you know where i am :hug: :hug:

So sorry to hear waht you're going through :hug:

I miscarried at 11 weeks just before Xmas. We were getting so excited about being able to tell everyone about the pregnancy as we were approaching the 12 week mark - it was absolutely devastating. I do know how you're feeling and it will take time. I still burst into tears at random moments even now.

I was told I could start TTC straight away. Preferably after my first normal period, but that was purely for dating reasons (not medical).

I try to focus on the fact that at out there who simply cannot conceive despite years of trying so at least you and your hubby know it's possible. Give yourself some time and space together and start TTC once you feel emotionally ready xxx

Hi Pet
Glad the doc has given you something to help you sleep.
I had a terrible dream last pm, I was loosing my baby and there was blood everywhere and when I woke up it was true. It is horrific but you are not alone and think of how much you have helped me and other people, you have used your experience and turned it around to help others, passing the material yesterday was just horrible for me and you were there on msm straight away as was Michelle.....
take each day as it comes and in the future me and you and other girls here will be on another forum comparing our birth experiences and talking about baby names...he he....there is hope....and there is a great deal of alcohol and seafood to eat until we fall pregnant again....sorry about spellings !
Gemma xxxxxx

Hi ya ,

Just wanted to express my deepest sympathies, i lost a baby in december and am still finding somedays hard. the loss that my family feel is also hard to accept , but the pain does get's easier and having an undestanding partner helps enormously xxx

Hi ya ,

Just wanted to express my deepest sympathies, i lost a baby in december and am still finding somedays hard. the loss that my family feel is also hard to accept , but the pain does get's easier and having an undestanding partner helps enormously xxx

UPDATE

I'm still bleeding so ive rang the EPU and they have asked me to come in for another scan on Monday (12th Mar) at 9:00am for another scan.

Its driving me totally insane now! Ive been bleeding 3 weeks yesterday.

Just wondered do you think I should do a home pg test and see what that shows?

Your help is appreciated! xxx

Poor you!
I had red blood for about 7 days then light brown for another 7-10.
I thought it was never going to stop, so I kinda know how you feel!
My doctor told me its normal to have light bleeding for some weeks after a m/c.
Take care

Gemma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back