• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

another ebay moan.

sarafet

Reaction score
i got a phone upgrade recently but didn't want the phone - so i've sold it on ebay.

the winning bidder has only registered today and has 0 feedback :wall:

i don't want to be judgemental but someone has done this to me before with something i sold, where they won the auction then just didn't pay :roll:

really hoping the bidder pays and i'm just being silly :angel:

everyone has to start somewhere but i can see why you are worried, fingers crossed for you

i sold somthing today that i bought a week ago for 2 pound, and it went for £11 (excluding p&p) and its also somone who has no bid history - not banking on my money just yet! lol.

Im sure it'll be fine tho :)

hennaly said:
everyone has to start somewhere but i can see why you are worried

thats what i like to think too :think:

he still hasn't paid :( it's just such a hassle to relist etc :( i've messaged the bidder - no reply yet :?

hennaly said:
everyone has to start somewhere but i can see why you are worried, fingers crossed for you

I agree but I've been burnt many times by people who've had 0 feedback and haven't bothered paying. Hope it works out for you though. I know relisting is a massive pain in the butt. :?

he still hasn't paid and isn't replying to messages :wall:

what is the point in bidding if you don't want it :evil:

That's a pain. Same thing happened to me so I blocked zero feedback bidders.

I've blocked bidders that have less than 5 feedback due to this happening to me. I sold a phone last year that I had to list 3 times!!!
The first was the nigerian scam, then i had a newbie who bought a load of mobile's including mine and didn't pay. When I emailed her she threw a load of abuse at me. Third time I actually managed to sell the phone lol. I haven't had any problems since but it seems that high value electronics are a target for scammers.

I know it seems unfair to ban all newbies but you could add a line to your auction terms asking newbies to message you before bidding so that you can allow their bid. If they go to the trouble of contacting you then chances are they will be serious about their purchase and will understand. x

grrrrrr i did get paid but by a ECHEQUE i dont even know what that is - apparently its gonna take 7-9 days to clear. I bloody needed the money TODA/TOMMORROW so i can win a bid of somthing i want.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

next time NO ECHEQUES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back