Angry at midwife or hospital!

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Hope we are all fine??

Well i rang my ultrasound unit yesterday as i have still not recived a letter telling me what time my Nuchal scan on wednesday is. So i rang them and they have no record of me what so ever! :x

This is the second time they have done this or my midwife has. :wall:

I rang her at 12 weeks saying i hadn't heard about my Nuchal and she said she booked me in for an emergency scan on the 13th (tomorrow) as they lost my card. By whihc time i will be 14 weeks and it will probably be to late anyway. But my midwife said just go and see.

So now this scan date is non existant too! The ultrasound unit put me throught to the nuchal people and they have booked a scan for me thursday at 11.50 (14 + 1) they said on the off chance my dates are out and they can do it. But i will probably have to have the blood test screening instead. :x

So i am very annoyed. I have a midwife apt tom at 2pm. I don't know if i should complain or not? :?

On a good note i got my doppler yesterday and heard peanuts heartbeat really quickly, woo hoo!! :dance: :dance:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

How annoying!!!

I think I would probably complain,or put across my dissapointment that it has been messed up so much!

At least you've managed to be booked in for Thurs and fingers crossec they will be able to do it! :hug: :hug: :hug:

*Hugs*

Something similar happened to me. Bearing in mind I've met my midwife twice and first time she was 30mins late for my appt at 9.00am and I saw her walking around the surgery chatting :x And second time she cancelled and third time she was an hour late :x

My Midwife sent the form off for my 13w scan so I waited 2 weeks and hadn't heard anything so I spoke to my midwife and she rang them whilst I was with her. They hadn't received my form (it went internal post :evil: ) so she booked me an appointment over the phone for Fri 1st Dec and when she went back to the surgery she was told to fill out another card for me.

2 days later I received a letter telling me I had a scan booked for Thurs 30th Nov. I rang them and they had booked me in twice so some stupid person hadnt noticed that I was in 2 days running :wall:

So I told them I'll keep the appointement for the 1st which I know was 13w6d just in time.

I charted so I know within 3 days (Day 14-16 of cycle) of when I ovulated which was well within this time frame.
The sonographer decided to put me forward 4 days so instead of being due 3rd June I'm now due 30th Nov I know I should be happy but I'm really naffed off.
I didn't have the nuchal scan and have top have the blood test instead if they can get that right :x

And we're trusting these people with our lives and the lives of our babies...bloody NHS

Sorry ranted then...

Cx

Charm said:
*Hugs*

to put me forward 4 days so instead of being due 3rd June I'm now due 30th Nov

Sorry ranted then...

Cx

don't worry about the rant. I probab;y would have to!

I've been really lucky and can't complain about my care and it seems a million miles from some of the experiences that some of you have had on here.

Big hugs and don't think you meant to put 30 NOV? :D

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back