• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I mad?

Poxie_pixie

Reaction score
Ezzie is only just 9 months and has shared my bed since newborn i no i shudnt ut it was best thing as my house is always freezing =/. she sleeps in her cot now but not for long and if she wakes up i settle her take her bck in and as soon as i lower her into cot she's awake. she will sleep on her own in a bed tho so I was wondering would it be wrong/mad to get her a cotbed/toddlerbed now. She nows how to safely climb off furniture and i'd have stair gate up her room is literally next to mine i'd make sure nothing on the floor etc. What do you think would it be worth trying? xXx

OMG we have the same problem lol

We've co-slept with oscar since birth, but as I'm now pregnant again I soon won't be able to have him attached to me through the night coz of a bump! I said to OH I think he would sleep better if we turned his cot into the cotbed, but for us the problem is that Oscar isn't going up or down off things, just falls, hard and fast lol He won't settle in the cot to sleep, if I put him in there he'll sleep for a bit but wakes up upset and this is repeated, but he won't straight go to sleep in there, have sat with him for over an hour before! I don't think he likes the bars and feeling closed in, restricted etc etc.

I've thought about padding the floor with pillows etc and we have a video monitor too, but don't think i could do it til he's pulling himself up and climbing down etc! If your LO is doing this and crawling she would probable be ok, it's just if there is any trouble she could get into while escaping and you're sleeping?!

thank god someone is the same as me lol. have you considered a ready bed? Ezzie couldn't really escape anywhere i'd have a good stairgate nothing she can pull on her nothing dangerous or small enough to choke on i'd have a bed guard on it aswell. Just not too sure xXx

Not heard of ready beds before!!

i'm sure she would be ok, but it's so hard to say really. Sorry I'm no help lol The way I'm handling it atm me and OH will be cosleeping with 2 LOs lol Think I might try sleeping in the cot, be more room for me lol

they're inflateable beds with like a sleeping bag attached theyre bout £30 can pick them up in argos i have one fore ezzie for holidays xXx

i'd put her in a bed it wont be long before Maisie is in one as her cots at the lowest it can go and she almost got out of it the other day xx

my mum put me in a bed at 9 months cause i stopped settling in my cot do what you think is best for her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back