Am I mad thinking of buying my pram so early?

KateK

Reaction score
Ladies, be honest with me! I am 11 weeks and have had a couple of complications but all is clearing up now and i've had 3 scans all showing a healthy, growing baby (last being yesterday). I have fallen in love with the Liberty range at Mamas and Papas and I know from speaking to staff that it's on its way out. The travel system is on offer at the moment and you save a ridiculous £430 off the ticket price.. Would it be ridiculous to buy it now? I don't know where i'd be on the consumer rights side of things should anything disastrous (god forbid) happen to baby.. I normally wouldn't consider it until after the anomaly scan but I risk missing out on my dream pram! What would you do? xx

A deal is a deal... If it's right for you then do it.
I'm not buying one until closer to the time as we're moving and it's just more to lug around x

Why not? If you're saving that much money then it's worth it. I got my pram at about 20 weeks , I've just not had it in my house due to superstition so it's been at my moms!! x

I ordered our pram at about 12 weeks as I saved £300, it's not been collected yet though so I should probably do that soon.
If it's your dream pram and you don't do it you might regret it x

I bought mine around 8 weeks! I was told by the staff since the pram I wanted was limited edition it could go at anytime so we just ordered it.

Oh and guess what.. they still have the pram in the shop now! ha typical xxx

I bought mine around 8 weeks! I was told by the staff since the pram I wanted was limited edition it could go at anytime so we just ordered it.

Oh and guess what.. they still have the pram in the shop now! ha typical xxx

I got mine before 12 weeks! Go for it- it's a lovely feeling to be making plans and thinking positively. I loved having mine all set up and ready throughout my pregnancy- I had such an exciting feeling of anticipation every time I walked past it :)

It's entirely up to you. Fur me personally the 20 week scan was the biggest & most nerve wrecking. We didn't order pram till after the 20 weeks. It's since arrived but still in the packaging in the dining room. I'm scared to assemble incase I jinx things too early. But that's just me. Xxx

Thanks guys.. I bought it! Happy to take the risk as it is so beautiful. I'm not superstitious at all but in an ideal world I would have waited until the 20 week scan.. Oh well, done now and I couldn't be more chuffed with my decision :D xxx

We waited until the weekend after my dating scan to buy ours! I was a high risk of twins so didn't want to buy a gorgeous single buggy to be told it was twins, so waited... to be honest, if it was down to my mum, we would have brought it when I was only 6 weeks pregnant! I told her she had to wait! lol... so in other words... buy it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back