Am I mad thinking of buying my pram so early?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by KateK, Jul 12, 2016.

1. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Ladies, be honest with me! I am 11 weeks and have had a couple of complications but all is clearing up now and i've had 3 scans all showing a healthy, growing baby (last being yesterday). I have fallen in love with the Liberty range at Mamas and Papas and I know from speaking to staff that it's on its way out. The travel system is on offer at the moment and you save a ridiculous £430 off the ticket price.. Would it be ridiculous to buy it now? I don't know where i'd be on the consumer rights side of things should anything disastrous (god forbid) happen to baby.. I normally wouldn't consider it until after the anomaly scan but I risk missing out on my dream pram! What would you do? xx

2. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

A deal is a deal... If it's right for you then do it.
    I'm not buying one until closer to the time as we're moving and it's just more to lug around x

3. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Why not? If you're saving that much money then it's worth it. I got my pram at about 20 weeks , I've just not had it in my house due to superstition so it's been at my moms!! x

4. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

I ordered our pram at about 12 weeks as I saved £300, it's not been collected yet though so I should probably do that soon.
    If it's your dream pram and you don't do it you might regret it x

5. Beeee

Beeee Well-Known Member

I bought mine around 8 weeks! I was told by the staff since the pram I wanted was limited edition it could go at anytime so we just ordered it.

Oh and guess what.. they still have the pram in the shop now! ha typical xxx

6. Beeee

Beeee Well-Known Member

I bought mine around 8 weeks! I was told by the staff since the pram I wanted was limited edition it could go at anytime so we just ordered it.

Oh and guess what.. they still have the pram in the shop now! ha typical xxx

7. ruby2015

ruby2015 Well-Known Member

I got mine before 12 weeks! Go for it- it's a lovely feeling to be making plans and thinking positively. I loved having mine all set up and ready throughout my pregnancy- I had such an exciting feeling of anticipation every time I walked past it :)

8. louise2610

louise2610 Well-Known Member

It's entirely up to you. Fur me personally the 20 week scan was the biggest & most nerve wrecking. We didn't order pram till after the 20 weeks. It's since arrived but still in the packaging in the dining room. I'm scared to assemble incase I jinx things too early. But that's just me. Xxx

9. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.. I bought it! Happy to take the risk as it is so beautiful. I'm not superstitious at all but in an ideal world I would have waited until the 20 week scan.. Oh well, done now and I couldn't be more chuffed with my decision :D xxx

10. KirstyLeigh88

KirstyLeigh88 Well-Known Member

We waited until the weekend after my dating scan to buy ours! I was a high risk of twins so didn't want to buy a gorgeous single buggy to be told it was twins, so waited... to be honest, if it was down to my mum, we would have brought it when I was only 6 weeks pregnant! I told her she had to wait! lol... so in other words... buy it! :)