am i a bad person?:(.

rebecca180624

Reaction score
Im feeling really down at the moment. I dont feel pregnant at all apart from obviously when she wriggles and the fact i have this huge bump. I also dont seem to feel anything for this baby at all, i cant even touch my tummy anymore. I thought i would be so excited when i found out i was having a girl and i could go shopping etc but im honestly not fazed at all and i feel so horrible :(. I really feel like im not goung to love her when she is here and that im not going to be able to provide what she needs. I dont want to be a bad mum. I also movve into my new house on friday which ill be on my own in because im moving out of my larents and i dont have an other half. The act that me and my parents have had a falling out too doesnt help. I just feel all on my own and that i wont be able to provide for this baby especially since loosing my job im on benefits which i hate but no one will employ me. Its so hard when all i want is the best for my baby.
I also cant eat properly, i think ive had about 3 pieces of toast in 2 days. Im just never hungry which cant be good for me or baby but i dont wanna eat if im not hungry.

Sorry about the rant i just needed to get it off my chest and see if anyone could give me some advice really.

Last edited:
The fact that you say all you want is the best for this baby means that you are not a bad person at all! No wonder you feel down with everything going on. :hugs: We are all here for you should you need to vent or anything.xx

Rants are good! :)

Ive felt pretty much up and down all the way through my pregnancy but I dont feel a bad person for it because I know that it is just those awful hormones that are causing us to become so emotional and in my case unstable lol!

Give it time and you will feel better, especially when she is here :)! I know everyone says that and you might not be able to believe it now but give it another week or when your moods changed again and you will do :) xx

Didn't want to read and run. I'm sure your just starting to panic about all the changes, plus lack of energy and stupid hormones, it soon gets on top of you and makes you want to stick your head in the ground. Does not make you a bad mummy. In fact the fact your worried about it proves your not x

Aww chick, youre not a bad person at all, what youre feeling is normal. I was at my aquanatal class today and we were discussing how we just couldnt wait till the end till it was all over, Im not the type of person that enjoys pregnancy. I hate getting bigger and not being able to do all the normal stuff I usually would, and a few of the girls agreed they felt the same and felt guilty that they werent all 'glowy' and bonded with their bump. But all that changes when LO is here, you wont be a bad mum, you feel a connection to the baby that some people dont feel with the bump, cause its real and the baby is here and in your arms.

I know it must be a stressful time cause of youre housing situation (Im currently trying to buy a house which is a bloody nitemare haha) and it doesnt help that youve had a falling out with your parents, but Im sure all this will get sorted. I was living with DD in our house for a few years after me and my ex finished and to be honest you get used to, and you develop youre own we routine, the on thing I would suggest is joining mummy to be classes, such as aqua natal and even doing the classes after LO is here so that you have adult company and you wont feel alone.

All the best chick, and dont be hard on yourself, everyone worries about being a crap mum, but when the LO is here youd do anything for them :) P.S dont be worrying about a job the job market is crap at the minute. Just try and keep an eye out even for Part time work for when LO is abit older, cause then you are entitled to tax credits to and you'll be working. Good luck xxx

;hug: Hun u will be a fab mummy it is normal to feel all kinds of funny things in pregnancy!

:hug:

Awwwww, as everyone else has said you're not a bad mummy - the fact that you're worrying about this and want the best for your LO proves that you care so much. I think we all have these fears and they're completely natural - yours are exacerbated by your situation which is perfectly understandable.

:hug:

Thank you to all of you for your comments. Its helped me a little and i appreciate that. I still feel a little down but i need to know that im not the only pregnant lady with emotions all over the place lol. Every other pregnant lady is like it too :). X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back