Alcohol

kitty86

Reaction score
HI ladies

I saw on the news the other day that the government recommend that ttc and preg ladies should not drink alcohol at all. Big change from 2 units a week.

I am curious as to what other people think of this.

Myself I dont drink alcohol when im preg not because the government tells me to but because its what I feel is right.

Whats yur view.

They have admitted there is no extra evidence that we shouldn't drink at all. It's just what they've randomly decided in their minds :)

I will have a half of cider about once a week or fortnight, something like that. There's a big thread about this on the 2nd trimester board I think, and most of them are saying they'll still have the occassional glass of wine :)

I think its rediculous they are trying to encourage the binge drinkers to stop but at the end of the day most of them are very you and don't read or understand the consequences of heavy drinking during in pregnancy so won't take a blind bit of notice of what the goverment are saying and I really don't think its fair telling everyone to stop next they'll try barring all pregnant women from pubs!!

Personnally I haven't drunk since being pg but that's because I really don't want a drink I generally love my glass of wine in the evenings but haven't fancied a glass since November!!! I had half a glass of Champers on Christmas day and really didn't enjoy it so gave it away to DH. (A thing I would never normally do!)

Personally since I started TTC I haven't touched alcohol, I shan't do untill I've finished nursing either. That's personal choice though.

This has all come about due to women getting pregnant who binge drink and honestly is telling them just 2 units or to stop going to make any difference? I doubt it as they just don't understand the consequences etc. Over the years all sorts of foods and drinks have gone on the "yes you can eat it list" then the following year on the "don't eat it" list and two years after that it's ok to eat it again....if your sensible about your pregnancy and well enough informed I think you can make your own decisions and form your own opinions on these matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back