AHEM!!!!!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by BubbleOne, Aug 11, 2005.

1. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Not quite sure how to ask this as it's going to sound like way too much information but here goes....
    Over the last week or so I have had terrible wind, especially in the mornings when I wake up and in the evenings after dinner when I settle to watch TV etc.
    Also I have been going to the loo (number 2) about 4 times a day. It's normal toilet and doesn't hurt or anything but is this normal?
    Before I was pregnant I used to burp a lot but rarely had wind the other end!! Also only went for a poo about once every other day.
    Sorry if this is TMI but need to know if I should bring it up with my midwife or whether it's perfectly normal xxx

2. emma1976

emma1976 Well-Known Member

:lol: I get really bad wind as well. I burp even more now but find I am farting (sorry for the crude word) alot more. It's a pretty gross thing to say but they have also been smelling horrid too. Sorry! As for the no 2 issue, I have always been quite bad at going to the loo and am never regular although now I am more regular and probably go once or twice a day and then miss a few days and then once or twice a day. The only thing is now I get bad piles. Sorry TMI there. Don't worry about the wind, you'll find loads of us have that and be thankful you can poo as often as you can. I am sure I store up half my body weight cos I can't go!

Hope that helps

Em xx

3. Guest

Welcome to the world of pregnancy - this os normal love. My poo patterns are all over the place. As for bottom burps - I do them all the time, and infront of OH (which he finds disgisting but funny that I feel the need to do it so often now I'm PG and don't care about doing it in front of him, my parents and our mates!) I;ve always been an open person, but I am verging on being too open!

the way I see it - if I need to fart in front of people I kow, then I will. I won't force myself to have tummy ache just for the sake of a noise. but thats just me :roll: :lol: :roll:

4. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Dignity, what was that again?! Yep, I've had terrible wind right from the beginning and I can't help accidentally letting one go in front of my DH either- especially when we're in bed :oops: . And I seem to have endless poo- I used to be very regular, once a day in the morning before pregnancy but now it's all of the time and not to be delicate I have to take wet toilet tissue around with me to make sure I get really clean as I do mean endless poo. I am eating a LOT of fruit at the moment but I even had it when I couldn't face fibre around 9-11 weeks so I don't think it's connected. My Mum warned me about getting constipated but sometimes I do wonder if I've overdone it with dried apricots and bananas or if my system is just wierd! I had IBS before I was pregnant- aggrevated by stress and milk but it hasn't been as bad so far which is also strange.

Just another beautiful thing about pregnancy eh girls?

+++

5. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

i didn't get bad wind until a couple of weeks ago - now i have to "let one slip" all the time! the worst thing is it's always one of those horrid quiet but really foul smelling ones! :oops: at work i try to nip to the loo, but at home i'm past caring! lol, i'm paying OH back now for all those nasties he does under the duvet!!!! :wink:

6. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

LOL

I have got so used to the wind that I forgot where I was the other day and did a big 'bottom burp' at work. I was mortified. I don't think anyone heard it thankfully..... :oops:

I find I'm mostly constipated though, which is annoying - gets a bit painful.

LBxx