• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ages till my 1st scan worried sick anyone else feeling the same??

xxemmyxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm 5 weeks and 5 days and I just got my date for my first scan, it's not til the 15th august! I will be in my 13th week by then omg that's sooooo long to wait I'm driving myself crazy I'm so worried! Any advice?? My partner just keeps saying relax what will be will be but I can't sleep and keep having awful dreams xx

You can get a private scan from 7 weeks and they are cheap enough x

You can get a private scan from 7 weeks and they are cheap enough x

Oh really? How would I go about booking one of those? Is it normal not to get a scan until 13 weeks? Everyone else seems to be getting them much sooner!

Yes it's normal to have your first scan between 11-13+ weeks.
Google local private ultrasound businesses, there's lots about x

It's totally normal to wait that long if there are no complications.

I didn't have my first scan until I was 20weeks with my first baby. It was actually the only one I got. I had 3 with my second 11 weeks, 20 weeks and another at 30 weeks because I was worried about something.

This time I'm getting one at 6 weeks because of previous MCs only 10 sleeps to go.

Unfortunately that's totally normal your first routine scan is between 12weeks - 14 weeks, I'm 9weeks now and not had my scan date through yet! Got my first mw appt Monday so hoping to hear about my scan date within the next couple of weeks but I don't think it will be until the end of July beginning August time! It's the longest 12 weeks ever but bed with it Hun x

My scan isnt until July 17th, Ill be 13 weeks then so I am having a private one, tonight in fact. Its costing £65 and they will give me my due date and 4 pics to take home :) Im so excited, I found out when I was 5 weeks and its felt like an eternity waiting for the scan, I only got the letter through 2 days ago from the NHS. I am a real worrier and it has been keeping me awake at night thinking there may be something wrong with baby, so tonight hopefully my mind will be put at rest. :) x

The first week or 2 seem to drag hun but don't worry the other weeks will fly by especially if sickness hits you.

It's normal for first scan to be at 12 weeks (mine is on 10th july so 2 weeks to go) but some have early scans due to emergancys or they book in for a private one.

I am the same. Found out when I was around 6 weeks pregnant and my scan is not until 17th July- by which time I will be 13 weeks ish? It is normal to have to wait until you are between 11+13 weeks which is a pain!! Just wish it could be earlier as like you I am a complete worrier and am also not sleeping well. Have midwife on 6th july so hoping i will at least get to hear babys heartbeat? That will stop me worrying until the scan :) xx

I found out on exactly the day I expected my period to come so I have known for 2 weeks now, feels like much longer than that though! Maybe I will get an early scan, scooby88 where r u getting yours?? If it's only £65 I would do that in a couple weeks wen I'm 8 weeks maybe, I'm so tired and driving my boyfriend crazy crying about negative things wen I'm meant to be enjoying this! X

I'm 4+4 and sooo impatient.

So worried and paranoid. So I think I'll be booking a private early scan too.

£90 near me but I was just given some birthday money.

I think I'll book it for 2 weeks Friday maybe. Will wait and see. :)

Ive booked mine at a place in ST Helens, its called a reasurance scan, only lasts 15 mins but itll be well worth it :) x

Mine's when I'm about 13 weeks too as we're away the week before.

I had a scan on my kidneys and the sonographer gave us a peek, which was lovely, but now I'm even more worried, as things could still go wrong!

I must of had a 6th sense, I started cramping and spotting red blood yesterday afternoon, went for scan this morning and they couldn't find anything in my womb, I'm meant to be 6 weeks, they thought maybe I'm only 4 weeks so it was too soon to see anything on the scan but when they tested my blood the hgc level was so low only 200 when it should be at least 1000, they also found a cyst on my ovary but they didnt seem concerned about that, my hgc level is so low it must be dropping so I think soon I will start bleeding more and miscarry, got another appointment at hospital in a weeks time, I have been ttc for 18 months this tis my first pregnancy I am distraught and the waiting is unbearable! I want to take timeoff work but dont know what to say to my boss, I'm a teacher and they don't know I'm pregnant or ttc

Hi I miscarried at 4 weeks in April and I'm also a teacher. I text my
Deputy as couldn't face calling anyone she told me to stay off , and head called me on the Monday ( mc on sat) . I had only found out on the fri I was pregnant so I hadn't told work. Head told me to have week off . Said would not be emotionally able to teach. Wasn't expecting her to be so supportive but she was so make sure u phone . I had to fill in a
Form while I was off and that was it. So sorry u are going through this. I mc after 25 months. So Hun know its awful just as u get hopes up. If u need to chat there are lots of us here to listen x

So sorry emmy, that is so sad, hope you have lots of support from family/hubby. Thinking of u x

So sorry to hear it hun. *hugs*
Don't be shocked if you wait a few months before trying again. You do need time to greive and body to heal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back