Advice Required from Would-Be Cakemakers

iWitch

Reaction score
'ello!

I'm making a cake for a friends daughters 1st bday! I've had a go at icing a couple of cakes before and haven't found it too bad (tho I have told them to have a backup cake just incase!) I'm making a Minnie Mouse face but I'm having problems getting hold of any flesh or cream coloured roll out icing. Any suggestions? Is Marzipan too yellow?

Any suggestions welcome! Thank you!!

If you go online you can actually buy edible dyes. You just squeeze a wee bit into the icing & work it through. If you have a Lakeland store near you (or go on their website) they have coloured icing of every possible colour.

Thank you! I actually thought of Lakeland but online only had 6 colours! Do the actual shops have more then? There's one at meadowhall which is opening when I finish work unlike all the other places!!

Or you could use white icing & paint it with edible dye. Just depends on what's available to you. :)

The best colour for flesh is Sugarflair Paprika/Flesh or if you want to make a it with precoloured fondant then white, red and yellow can make a fleshy colour but more white than the colours :D

Thanks guys! I needed it for yesterday so ordering online was a no go. Visited Lakeland and bought natural colour Marzipan since they had no cream or flesh colour and it didn't look too bad! Needless to say my cake decorating skills need A LOT of improvement but its only my 2nd attempt and it wasn't too bad!

Um...I'm not quite sure how to! Do I load up to a hosting site first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back