advice re:avoiding food

chellieboo

Reaction score
I'm only TTC at the moment so I don't think it matters yet but I'd heard that if there is any history of allergies in you or OH then you should avoid nuts while pregnant.

My OH is allergic to penicillin so do you think that means i'll have to avoid nuts...and if so does this mean all nuts? I'm addicted to pesto you see but thats got nuts in it so I'm trying to work out if I should cut down/cut it out all together?

Thanks

I believe you're safe with 'tree' nuts like hazelnuts. I'm not sure what pinenuts (pesto ones) are classed as, but I'd be surprised if they triggered a peanut allergy in a baby :think:

Its not all allergies.

What i read was if you or your oh suffers with Eczema or has a nut allergy to avoid nuts. Peanuts are the main ones to stay away from.

Hurrah sound like i can continue to eat as much pesto as i want then forever!

you have to avoid peanuts if you or your partner has eczema, hay fever or any food alergies. it does nt particularly mean your baby will develop nut allergies but might develop one of the above. if you both dont suffer from them then feel free to induldge. all other nuts are fine. you are advised to use them as a snack instead of the normal sweet rubbish us pregnant ladies like to eat :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back