Advice Please

Steph26

Reaction score
Hello All

Was hoping for some advice if possible please. I think i;m fine but just wanted to see what your thoughts were.

I'm 5 weeks 4 days pregnant with our second baby, and i've been feeling fine other than nausea, tiredness etc. I've had mild cramping but that was the same with my first pregnancy.

Recently i've had very minor spotting over a couple of days, darkish in colour and only in my underwear, not when i wipe or go to the toilet.

I didn't spot at all with my first, so just wanted to see if this was normal and how much spotting was considered normal?

Any help would be really appreciated as my anxiety/emotions are all over the place at the moment :)

Thanks - and Happy Christmas in advance!

Steph xx

Hi Steph,
I think spotting when wiping can be quite common. I have it around 5 weeks myself for a few days. I did go and get a scan though as I was worried. Everything was OK.
Do you have an early pregnancy unit near where you live? The one here you can ring and make an appointment. Even just speaking to a nurse over the phone can be a huge relief and they can do early scans or make an appointment for you to have one soon. Is there one near you?

Hey Radleycat - Thanks for replying. I have an early scan booked in for next friday anyway as am diabetic and they seem to do it as routine for pregnancies which are classified as high risk. Should I call them anyway do you think? x

Hey Radleycat - Thanks for replying. I have an early scan booked in for next friday anyway as am diabetic and they seem to do it as routine for pregnancies which are classified as high risk. Should I call them anyway do you think? x

It can't hurt to give them a call, I would. Then at least they can put your mind at rest or they can decide if they want to see you sooner. Can't hurt x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back