Advice please....

Lilmoomin

Reaction score
...... Ok so we was looking on websites the other day when we spotted this -
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...-Electra-Bassinet-Travel-Cot-in-Rosie(0083856)

My hubby immediately said 'were having that!' I must admit I do really like it too! However he seems to think we wont need a proper cot as well :(

Is it safe for babies to sleep in these all the time?? I kinda wanted a nice cot bed but he really doesn't want to now :(

:( try this one -
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?fh_eds=%EF%BF%BD&fh_location=//brus/en_GB/categories%3C{brus_brus}/itemtype=product/categories%3C{brus_brus_babiesrus_brutravelpushchairs}/categories%3C{brus_brus_babiesrus_brutravelpushchairs_brutravelpushchairstravelcots}&fh_start_index=0&fh_view_size=10

Its the second from the bottom x x

That's really cute hun! Idk about whether you'd need another one. Very nice though :) xx

That's really cute hun! Idk about whether you'd need another one. Very nice though :) xx

You can see it?? :yay: :lol:

I do love it and I do want it! But in place of a cot?? I just don't know if its safe or not! I mean these are meant for temporary situations aren't they??

But thanks :) x x x

I think I'd want a cot just because it's more sturdy :) I've not had a baby before so am pretty clueless though! xx

It does look sooo cute :), can you heighten the mattress bit? xxx

It looks gorgeous - but dont these things usually tell you they're not good for sleeping in all the time. having said that i dont see it written anywhere on that bit.

I kinda imagine they might be a bit like asofa bed, ok for afew nights but uncomfy after awhile.

xxx

I thought babies had to have a solid panel under them long term for a good spine. I was looking at the hanging nests but they are no good in place of a cot :( xxxxxxxx

i think you should get a cot bed too because at least itll last till babys about 5. this wont last for too long will it? x

Its fab but I would get a cotbed for later as Id be concerned about how much weight it can hold when ur LO gets bigger

Thanks loads girls. Yes the mattress can be adjusted. I am thinking of nipping to Thorpes in Ilkeston as they do a payment plan, my mum keeps saying she wants to get us something, but she struggles for money, so she could get us a cot bed and maybe pay bit by bit, I mean she will be in a moses basket for first few months. Thanks again......Now to tell the hubby! Lol x x x

Personally hun, I would go for a cot/bed. They are really sturdy and definitely worth the money. We got one second hand off ebay for our son when he was born and it lasted him from 6 months to 4 years old (until we moved house and bought him a captains bed). I think you'll find it hard lifting a growing baby in and out of the travel cot when you need to put the baby lower down (from 6 months, when they start sitting up) as the sides don't move. I think they are only supposed to be used temporarily for holidays etc.

You can get a cotbed for the same price as that. I got a beautiful white one that will last until my LO is about 4yrs old for £100.

That cot is pretty though. But Id say just get a moses basket or crib (you can get them quite cheap) and wait for as long as you can before getting the cotbed then you have more chance to save :)

Its cute but you're not supposed to have them in travel cots long term at any age.

:)

Thanks girls, Ash has agreed we need a cot bed now! Phew! Already got moses basket, so still got plenty of time to get the cot bed. Might wait for the January sales :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back