advice please x

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by jrm06, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jrm06

jrm06 Well-Known Member

hey ladies,
    I have decided to tell work this afternoon, as I have had my 12 weeks scan and everything is fine, thankfully!

I get so nervous about things like this, i don't see my manager that often as she is always busy, so having a full blown convo about this is kind of scary!!

has anyone else told work, if so how did they take it?
    ahhhhh nervous! :( x

2. mrs v

mrs v Well-Known Member

I told mine when I found out so a risk assessment could be carried out, no way was I takin any risks...she was really goid, I had no worries about telling her tbh, its your good news so dnt be nervous, be happy!!!

3. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

Ihated telling work as i hadnt been there that long but they were fab x

4. EssJayPea

EssJayPea Well-Known Member

Being so sick at work gave the game away early for me. And my boss can't hold her water so everyone knows! They're all excited though :)

5. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

I've had to tell work but luckily I get on with them all as friends so no problem. We often see patients with infectious diseases so it was important that they knew. I also had to quash the alcoholic rumours before they spread like wild fire. Vomiting and sleeping on your desk is never a good look x

6. michaelsmum

michaelsmum Well-Known Member

I was worried about telling my boss for the same reasons...that I don't see her often and wondered how she would take it...but she was really pleased and excited for me. I think it's also important so there are no risks taken.

I'm sure all will go fine!

7. kaz1983

kaz1983 Well-Known Member

I told my boss after I had spoke to my GP whhen I was 6.5 weeks pregnant she was great took a rough due date and said they would do a risk assessment once I got to 12 weeks but advised me to watch what I was doing in the meantime with casenotes etc x

8. jrm06

jrm06 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.
    Turns out after all that, she isn't in till monday!
    I'm going to tell my supervisor tomorrow as i need risk assesments done now!
    Xx