Advice please.... :S

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Jake has really bad diarrhea today, he has filled his nappy 5 or 6 times. His food is just going right through him. Ive already bathed him 3 times today. Im at my mums house which is about 200 miles from home and to be honest Im feeling pretty helpless. Fortunatley we have enough nappies but are rapidly running out of wipes. Hes been having his usual food/milk. He is fine in himself, doesnt seem ill or bothered about it at all

Anyway... I dont know whether to give him water or not, because the water is so different here (compared to home) it might aggrivate his stomach (might even be the cause :think: ) I have been giving baby fruit juice instead

I would say dont give him the water then hunni, just gove him his milk, i found the carton milk good for getting the squits out of he system. Im sure it will pass soon if hes not feeling ill with it. Hope you have lots of cream as bums get sore wuick with them.
Im sure he will be fine sweetie.

He has filled 2 nappies already today but has had his milk and food ok. He has been his normal happy little self all morning, he is taking a nap now though.

I will see how it goes today, if he is still poorly tonight I will take him to the docs, although I know what they will say anyway...

natalie&jake said:
He has filled 2 nappies already today but has had his milk and food ok. He has been his normal happy little self all morning, he is taking a nap now though.

I will see how it goes today, if he is still poorly tonight I will take him to the docs, although I know what they will say anyway...

I think the best thing is just get plenty of fluids into him so he doesn't get dehydrated. I don't know what medicine babies can have for diarrhoea? There must be something you could give him, maybe go to your local pharmacy if you don't want to wait till you see the doctor.

I hope he is well soon. Horrible isn't it, you want it to be you instead don't you when they aren't well :(

:hug:

Ben had a tummy bug last weekend, it was horrible so sending you a big hug :hug:
The doctor said it is best to let it continue and flush it out of the body. Important to keep fluids up as baby can become dehydrated very quickly. He advised baby fruit juice / squash to keep sugar levels right. Also said if they are off food, give a dose of calpol to help them feel more normal!

BIG hugs Jake :hug: :hug: :hug:
Like others have said, just keep offering him fluids, try him with grapes which are also full of fruit juice, really really hope he's better tomz, sending very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor Jake! I've no advice Natalie, but sending you both lots and lots of hugs.

It must be horrible if your baby is poorly and you're not at home with all your own things around you.

Valentine Xxx

Leif has been the same for the last few days, i called NHS direct tonight because he bought up the total of his jar of food up. They said keep an eye that he is having wees and dont use baby wipes just use normal or baby soap and water because the stuff in baby wipes can irratate them when they have a sore bottom from pooping lots. She also said make sure they have plenty of water and instead of having a full jar give him a small amount then try again later.

Ooh bugger he just bought his bottle up now to :?

Hope Jake feels better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back