• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

advice on work issue

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi basically at work it has all kicked off because our manager has said because we are shut xmas and boxing say then the hours we are contracted to must be made up later on in the week or we will be down hours.
I thought you could use your holiday entitlement to take 2 days off then or you could choose to make up hours if you didnt have enough hols not be forced to make up hours.
It says nothing in our contract about hours over xmas and we dont get bank holidays as extra hols so i thought it would come out of 4 week entitlement
Does anyone know

I wouldnt have thought that you could be forced to make up the hours, it should come out of your holiday entitlement, as you dont have a union you could contact acas, what has happened before or does it say in your contract re bank holidays
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=806

you can either use your holiday left if any if not, its unpaid or you make hours up.

But the new Holiday law came on force on 1st October :

The statutory holiday entitlement is changing. The holiday entitlement increased to 4.8 weeks (24 days if you work a five day week) from 1 October 2007 and will further increase to 5.6 weeks (28 days if you work a five day week) from 1 April 2009, pro-rata for those working part-time. The holiday entitlement is inclusive of bank holidays. If you already receive paid time off for bank holidays in addition to your four week holiday entitlement your holiday entitlement has not increased.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/holidays/index.html

It would make sence that you could take holidays rather than work it back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back