Advice on starting our own business

Coco pops

Reaction score
Hello All!
OH works very long hours and we have been thinking for some time he should start up his own business doing what he currently does for his employer (he has not signed anything to say he can't start up on his own).

Does anyone have any experience of starting a business and if so where do we start in the research?!

Thanks!

Hey :wave:

My friends OH did a plumbers course & started doing extra bits & bobs for people in his spare time so word of mouth helped him get more work, he also had small advertisements in the Friday Ad & shop windows which helped with extra work

He now has fully set up his plumbing business & has proper business cards & a van & it's doing really well & has stopped doing the job he was doing as his business is booming

The last I heard he was also going to do an electricians course & other labouring courses so can fully qualified in all fields

Not the greatest advise but just a positive feedback on someones who has done the same

xxx

Thanks! I think its a great idea as he is a hard working so I believe he will succeed. I suppose its a little scary as we need his salary!

my OH started his own business in august 2010 as a car mechanic, he had to get a massive loan from the bank to do it, but hes relatively successful now, about 6 months on. the first few months are hard but once it picks up its all good! it is doable. x

I'm going to try y hand at writing but I my be rubbish , so will start a hand madecard making supply bussiness if not, won't make me rich but I will love it and just need to make an income however small. (I have nearly launched it before so know it could work for me, so safer)

still scary tho, but nothing ventured, nothing gained - good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back